• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Snowmobile auger rack?

BoxMN

I did a search,b ut came up empty. I know there have been post about how some of you mount an auger to a sled. I finally have a sled this year (old one, only for fishing, probably) and was wondering how I can carry it on sled instead of in my Otter shack.

Thanks! Pics would be great smile

I think having a buddy with a welder making you one may be your best bet. I could be wrong but I don't think there is anyone that manufactures auger racks for sleds. I think everyone is afraid of a lawsuit so they don't make them. Kinda funny becuase just about every ice fishing magazine and tv show has a picture of a guy using one. I've wanted one for years and have never found one.

Saw this guy on Lida last year and he was ok with my taking a picture of his rack,hope he dosen't mind me posting a pic.This may give you some ideas.

WinterFishing010.jpg

That thing is awesome. If you see that guy again tell him he should go into business.

Wow, I must not be good at searching smile Lots of good stuff there.

Thanks guys, this gives me a bunch of ideas, for a "quickie" this year to a more fabricated next year if I get my buddy the welder to help me out. I am kinda thinking the oak rack or the Otter holder setup for now, but I dig the front mounted or the Mad Dog with the rack.

Thanks! Another project smile