Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BoxMN

Snowmobile auger rack?

10 posts in this topic

I did a search,b ut came up empty. I know there have been post about how some of you mount an auger to a sled. I finally have a sled this year (old one, only for fishing, probably) and was wondering how I can carry it on sled instead of in my Otter shack.

Thanks! Pics would be great smile

I am in the same boat as you. I finally got a snowmobile and would like to somehow mount my Strike Lite up front.

I think having a buddy with a welder making you one may be your best bet. I could be wrong but I don't think there is anyone that manufactures auger racks for sleds. I think everyone is afraid of a lawsuit so they don't make them. Kinda funny becuase just about every ice fishing magazine and tv show has a picture of a guy using one. I've wanted one for years and have never found one.

I remember seeing something about this last fall, but dont remember who had the good idea.

Not advertising and no affiliation but mad dog makes a very nice unit, works well, stands up. I just installed mine on second atv going on fourth year. Well built product.

Saw this guy on Lida last year and he was ok with my taking a picture of his rack,hope he dosen't mind me posting a pic.This may give you some ideas.

WinterFishing010.jpg

Saw this guy on Lida last year and he was ok with my taking a picture of his rack,hope he dosen't mind me posting a pic.This may give you some ideas.

WinterFishing010.jpg

That thing is awesome. If you see that guy again tell him he should go into business.

Wow, I must not be good at searching smile Lots of good stuff there.

Thanks guys, this gives me a bunch of ideas, for a "quickie" this year to a more fabricated next year if I get my buddy the welder to help me out. I am kinda thinking the oak rack or the Otter holder setup for now, but I dig the front mounted or the Mad Dog with the rack.

Thanks! Another project smile