• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crankbaits

What are the different speeds everyone uses for cranks?

Last night i tried 1.8 to around 2.5 mph. When i was trolling a small X-Rap last night it didn't really seem like I could feel the wobble very well and I was cruising at around 2.3. Is that normal? My bigger cranks seemed to give me great feel.

Hit me up. Twnsfan

This time of year I am under 2 mph, probably even under 1.8 mph and down to 1.5 mph or less. Smaller baits and stick bait don't put out as much wobble. Depends on your equipment too, a sensitive graphite rod and no-stretch braid will trasnmit a lot more viabration than other setups will.

I got a couple nice walleyes on x-raps last night at 1.6 to 1.7 mph.

I agree, SLOW is work'n. I've also started stopping for between 5 & 10 seconds. Little early for the longer pauses but shorter have proven themselves. Also,earlier I had been having success with #8 huskys & X-raps but the last few nights started slow'n down a bit. I had upsized to #10 and agree that currently that's where it's at 4 me. Brighter colors in evening & darker in mornings and day have paid out as well.