• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wolves

Scott K

Supposedly Mcfale is already gone, as far as GM. It's about 10 years to late but FINALLY. Yeah, they have 3 first round picks but i would rather have 2 better picks. Pray that they get a top three pick because after that it falls off quick. It would probably be best if they got the 2nd or 3rd than the 1st because they arent going to draft Griffin, even with the number 1 because they already have 2 power forwards. You can say what you want about drafting the best player but this team has a much higher need at point guard and center than power forward so if they get a top three pick it will be Rubio or Thabeet, depending on what pick and who's available. I think this team will be pretty good in a couple years and I hope Big Al can stay healthy next year and they make a big step forward. If I'm not mistaken I think they lose their pick to the Clippers, no matter how bad they are so they might as well be decent. I think that they get the sixers and the heat's pick though so they won't be without a first round pick.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we need to land in the top 3. the talent drop off is after that this year-Griffin/Rubio/Thabeet (but still decent through 10 or so). Wolves have said they won't use 3 picks. i imagine 18 and 28 get packaged to move up.

we'll see what happens, ideally rubio or thabeet wind up here as we could use some guys that can actually defend

I'm not so sure Thabeet isn't a little taller version of some of the past stiffs the Wolves have had at center. He is just too nice to play in the interior. Dejuan Blair of Pitt really dominated him in their matchups - and there's concern that Blair is too short to play power forward in the NBA. Thabeet gets pushed around too much and doesn't have that killer instinct.

The upshot is that if he turns into a solid center, K-Love and Weird Al Jefferson can play their more natural spot, the 4, more often. This draft has so many question marks that I'm afraid that the crack Wolves scouting department may need all three first rounders just to hit one solid player.

I sure hope they don't end up with Thabeet. the problem with him is he is very raw but he thinks he is great! He has potential but I am willing to bet once he gets a paycheck he won't do the work needed to become a great player. I hope for Griffin or Rubio and Griffin needs to get a little tougher but he plays hard and plays above the rim......I think a line-up of Foye-Miller-Griffin-Love-Jefferson would be a fun to watch.