• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2003 Bombardier Traxter Max XT

lookingforluck

Did you actually find one of these. I would really like one for doing work around the farm and hunting. Heres what I wrote in another thread.

Yeah the 835lbs is right, there heavy machines. Built like tanks. I use to work at a place that had a 5 traxters. We would use them year round. Most of our machines had between 7,000-10,000 miles on them. But we did have a couple new ones that had less than 500 miles. Over all these machines are the BEST work machine ever made, IMO. And I've rode pretty much all of them. There geared low with a strong motor. Top speed is maybe 50mph which is fast enough for me. The step-through design is nice if your getting on and off the machine alot. The front basket is nice for throwing tools into. The rear rack can handle a ton of weight, we would put two full size guys on the back rack and then have the driver so a total of three guys, the suspension handled it good, however steering became a problem because with that much weight on the back would cause the front tires to lift up. Our machines were rolled down hills, set on fire(because guys would be welding next to them), and abused alot. Sure some of the were rickety but they still ran and got the job done. I dont know if I would want it for just a trail machine but for a work machine they are awesome, seem to last a long time and reliable. If one came my way at the right price I would probably pick one up, especilly if it was the XL version(thats the one with the box on the back). Oh yeah the ES shifter is really nice.

My brother has a Traxter and I borrow it for ice fishing. Works great, it realy impressed me on how much snow I could go thru. We do have chains on the rear. It was a little hard to start on a real cold day so we added a primer kit from the dealer and the problem was solved.