• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Metro and sorounding area waterfowl reports

Hey so hows hunting been on public hunting land in the metro areas? I have been hunting a little bit. Managed to get a bird or two on rice lake near savage but overall poor on that lake. the sky busting at ducks over 70 yards is unbelievable. if they just let the birds come in it would be much better.

Monticello area (have not hunted pelican yet) has been spotty. Hunted once this week, and once last week. Went out this morning, and saw a total of two ducks. Last week, same spot saw over 100, with only a couple of flocks giving me a look. Managed 4 mallards last week, none this week. Seems very slow based on my past experiences.

Hey so hows hunting been on public hunting land in the metro areas? I have been hunting a little bit. Managed to get a bird or two on rice lake near savage but overall poor on that lake. the sky busting at ducks over 70 yards is unbelievable. if they just let the birds come in it would be much better.

70 yards! That was a close shot compared to the 100+ yard shots I saw on that lake Monday morning.

Last year I saw some skybuster shots taken on trumpeter swans. Thankfully they missed.

It can get pretty bad out there.

Saw a ton on Mud Hen durring opener. Was out in bayport a few weeks ago, and it was bone dry and very few ducks, a couple of geese. We need a cold snap to push those migrating birds down from Canada.

i was pass shooting at rice today. saw a group of 8 birds bugging out high from the lake about 20 minutes before sunset and a large group of geese in the stratosphere on the walk back to the car. That was it. I was there for the last hour and half of shooting time and heard about 6 shots on the lake. 3 of them sounded like finisher shots.