• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NEW MATHEWS COMES OUT ON

koonie

Thanks koonie! Not going to lie im very excited to shoot this bow. I've decided this is the year im gonna go out and buy a high class bow and im pumped to see what matthews is bringing to the table. Sure it will be nothing less than spectacular.

I'm just curious...how many of you people that bought a Mathews recently actually compared and shot other top brand bows? (Hoyt, Bowtech, PSE, etc.) Was there a noticeable difference? What made you decide on a Mathews besides all of the marketing hype?

Nels

Quote:
I dunno, it took me 5 minutes to read your post with that avatar ya got, my eyes just kept pulling to the left....

It took me ten minutes to realize he had even written anything. She's got to go, now I know why Tony Romo had such a hard time playing football when she was in the stands.

I payed 750$ for my DXT new. I did shoot a few other bows and wasnt impressed. Most other bows just arent as smooth. I think for noise and everything else, they are pretty comparable, but almost all other bows when you hit that let off point in the cam or whatever your draw kinda shoots back. The matthews is smooth and steady all the way to full draw!

I'm just curious...how many of you people that bought a Mathews recently actually compared and shot other top brand bows? (Hoyt, Bowtech, PSE, etc.) Was there a noticeable difference? What made you decide on a Mathews besides all of the marketing hype?

Nels

I've shot a lot of the top end bows the past couple of years, they are all high quality and you really can't go wrong with any of them, its all personal preference. If anyone tells you otherwise it kind of falls back on the endless Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge debate, everyone thinks theirs is the best.

I currently shoot a Bowtech Allegiance, I liked the feel of the bow, it was fast shooting and I got it at a very good price. Had I got the same price on a Mathews I woudl probably own one. I've shot a lot of different bows over the past couple years and I really don't see one brand significantly better than the others, they are all great bows and I would be happy to shoot any of them. Like I said it all comes down the personal preference and what works best for you, next time I upgrade I might end up with a Mathews or a Hoyt. I'm not loyal to one brand, it all depends on how the bow shoots and what I like the best.

Shoot one and you'll see.

What do you shoot and why do you shoot it? Just curious.

I shoot a Parker Ultra lite that is about 8 years old and I am considering buying a new bow in the near future. I have shot a Hoyt Vectrix a couple of years ago and was amazed at how smooth it was. I also shot a top of the line Fred Bear that same day and for the money it was a good bow but not quite as smooth.

The reason I asked was because I haven't shot a new Mathews or any of the top of the line bows recently and I was curious what it was that made you Mathews guys decide to buy a Mathews, especially when they cost more. I definately want to try one.

On a side note. While at Ripley last wknd there were 4 guys target shooting by my truck. Three of the guys had newer Mathews bows(either Drenalins or DXTs, not sure which)and were wearing Mathews hats and shirts. The other guy had what looked like a newer Bowtech. The other bow was noticably quieter than the three Mathews and the guy with the other bow was grouping his arrows much tighter than the Mathews guys. I realize that there are a lot of other variables that could explain this. Just my observation.

Nels

Wasn't bustin on ya. Just curious.

Seems like a lot of Mathews guys buy everything Mathews. Clothes, hats you name it. If it has mathews on it they buy it.

I'm not really that interested in the name. If it shoots well I'll give it a shot. This year I got a Mathews S2. All you hear about is the DXT and last years Drenalin. I just decided to get something a little different. The S2 is more or less an updated Switchback. Before I got the S2 I had the Bowtech Guardian and before that the Switchback XT. Of the last three bows I've had the Guardian was far and away my favorite bow to shoot. Only negative was the rollover was a little drastic.

Considered getting the Bear Truth II this year because for the money I think Bear bows are top notch. I'd not shy away from the Hoyt line or the Reflex either. We carry Reflex and I have been very impressed with their smoothness and how quiet they are. A little on the heavy side though(not necessarily a negative).

Lots of good to great bows out there. Every one is a little different from the next. Shoot what works best for you and don't let anyone talk you into something just because it's supposed to be the hot new thing. Unless the hot new thing works for you. wink