• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Big Horn Mtns

huntingislife

Do you have a long track or do u mostly trail ride? We have been going out to the southern bighorns for past 15 years, and we do mostly off trail riding, so we go in the beginning of March when the snow is set up better and there is a real good base, we all have short tracks and we can go just about everywhere we want to go,that time of year, the days are longer and the temps are warmer,great riding. I went out to big horns early in the season once and we couldnt get anywhere off trail because of the deep fluffy snow Nothing beats spring time riding in mountains. The Northern bighorns has more lodging options and is alittle more populated, and alot more riders, The southern bighorns has its own appeal, its more quite and how should i say it less ritzy I guess. Either way u will have a nice time.

I have been there before. If you are thinking of staying on the mountain you need to call ASAP!!!! the lodges fill up fast!!! Bear lodge seems to be the best to say at, most organized and stuff like that, The passage is a very nice place but just never seem to be organized and Arrowhead worked just fine for us last year.

What kind of information are you looking for i can help you out??

Check out my post on the second page, Them pictures are from last year!!!! Lots of Fun!!!!!

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1248277/2

We have short tracks and mostly just trail ride. We would like to go more in the spring but Dec is the only time it works for us. I was thinking of staying at Bear Lodge from what I have seen so far. I have not talked to them yet but I did see the Passage has rooms left. Does it get real busy? i would rather have it more peaceful so would maybe consider the southern side. Any recommended lodging in that area?

You will be just fine riding trails with short tracks. You can always rent a mountain sled one day when you are out there. It does get really busy out there a lot of ppl book there trip a year in advance just to make sure they get a room. I have never stayed anywhere but them three lodges i listed above.

They got some snow there a few days ago... didn't stick but its the start of the snow season.

Any other questions let me know smile

Once u go mountain riding u will be hooked, getting off trail and heading into the back country is awsome, Like I said in a earlier post we have been going to southern bighorns{meadowlark resort} for the past 15 years and every time we go we always find new areas that we have never ridden before, some of the valleys and play areas are so big u can spend the whole day just play riding, If snow is low watch for the rocks laugh