• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Proud Papa

DUCKJ

I got my black lab last summer and have had her out a bunch of times grouse hunting and she has done pretty good finding birds. Well last weekend I got the chance to go out to S.D. to pheasant hunt some private land. Hunted Sat thru Tue and got to see a ton of birds. The dog worked better then I thought she ever would. She flushed well, minded(stayed close), retrieved and even found at least 8 or better birds that we would have never found. She got UP'S from everyone in our groop wich made me the proudest owner in the world. Looking forward to getting back after the corn is cut. Cant wait to see the number of birds that got pushed out of the corn. Should be another great hunt.

Duck

Congrats! That is scary how close your story is to mine. We just got back from SD pheasant hunting private land, hunted the same days, and the results with the dog are almost the same. Mine dog is a male black lab and it's his first hunting season and that was his first pheasant hunt.

I hope my story is similar to that. I've got a 6 mo YLM that will be going to SoDak with me next weekend for a 4 day trip. I've taken him out grouse hunting once. This will be his first real pheasant hunting trip but I have had him at a game farm twice to get him some experience.

What are "UP'S"? I imagine it means some sort of praise, but I'm not familiar with the term.