• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

down the hole!

machohorn

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My girl friend is notorious for losing fish in the hole and I am very good at getting them out. The best technique I found was slamming the fish up aginst the side of the hole and slide it up. Some times I get a fin in the hand but it makes me look like a hero to my girlfriend....LOL. Please ice gods no cell phones down the hole this year...BT

Wow - I cant believe no one has mentioned flashlight yet! I average about 1 nice mag lite a winter. When I drop one - its like the hole is a huge magnet - they will never roll the other way - always towards and down the hole!

Lost a nice maglite 3d cell a few years back. Traded the flashlight for a 25" eye my personal best. So i guess it wasn't all bad. I had a friend that same year that lost his flashlight and it was turned on still. Landed standing straight up in the mud shinig out of the hole in about 14 ft of water. It was hillarious

In another story, my other brother was in my portable with me last year and the fishing was slow, so he was rocking out with his iPod and it fell out of his shirt pocket and started dropping to the hole. He's a fantastic athlete so his instincts took over and he makes a kick save like he's Patrick Roy! Saves it from going down the hole...bounces off the fabric of the portable...right in the minnow bucket!! What are the odds?

That's funny. grin

I've tried that kick save too but without any success.

My best one so far was a lit Coleman lantern! It's amazing how fast they sink grin Two of us came back from the Westwind after close of course! Two smart ones stayed back for the slabs. One guy had his lantern right next to the hole by the door to see his bobber, yep me and my Mickey Mouse boots kicked it down the hole. whistle The good news was I fished it out in the morning with a jigging rap and 6lb line. WHEW! It never worked right after that.

This year it's going to be a hook sharpener...again!

Good Luck,

Ferny.