• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

down the hole!

machohorn

Ice fishing is just one reason I always carry a spare truck key and house key.

In the summer we have started putting the float on the truck keys. The boat keys only come in and out of the boat when it is in the garage, where the truck keys get tossed around a lot from the person in the boat to the person on the dock that is getting the truck.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I lost down the hole last year was about a nice 29" eye. Got him out of the hole,grabbed him only to have him hit the panic button and back down he went, same thing wet arm up to the shoulders and a little hurt feelings. Would have been my personal best so far on the ice!! frown

Well Last Year i lost 2 cell phones to LOW i made 3 trips up there and 2 outta the 3 i lost a phone...dangit.. i would think will be loosing another cell phone, and i dont know what else, a new flip over style house this season will change thinks quite a bit for me... so i will see how it goes.

I always seem to lose something and this year with a new Pup I am sure he will lose his share also down the hole. He's good in the boat but cripes I can only see him now, something hits the hole and he goes to retrieve it! I better tether him until he gets use to the hard water season. Those 10 inch holes would be no problem for him to take a swim.

da only thing i hope to lose down the hole this year is a lot of bait. lost a spearing deke last year but my wife has donated her fair share, 2 walkie talkies, spear, decoy and themos bottle cup. oh yea and a lot of catch and release fish. smilelaugh

my cell phone went first. the next trip my prescription glasses went down the hole, not good. im blind as a bat without them, I was in a rented sleeper, I could see them on the bottom with my camera. I tried everything, ten treble hooks tied three inches apart etc. vertical jigging for my eyes. the problem was that they did not go straight down. I could see them with the camera,I about lost it trying to get them I never did

My 2-year contract is up and I can get a new phone for free whenever I want, but I'm milking my old phone as long as I can just in case it falls down the hole.

My 3 year-old nephew was fishing with me and my brother last year and we put him in charge of skimming the 15 holes I drilled. I don't have kids so I'm not sure how they think but I know they're kind of clumsy and usually not very careful, so I had him look me right in the eye and I told him very sternly "DO NOT DROP THIS IN THE HOLE...BE VERY CAREFUL!"

He repeated this the rest of the day anytime anyone touched a skimmer. It was classic. He would even point with every word like I did.

In another story, my other brother was in my portable with me last year and the fishing was slow, so he was rocking out with his iPod and it fell out of his shirt pocket and started dropping to the hole. He's a fantastic athlete so his instincts took over and he makes a kick save like he's Patrick Roy! Saves it from going down the hole...bounces off the fabric of the portable...right in the minnow bucket!! What are the odds?

Apple replaced it for $50, so we laugh about it now.

This was the BEST! Last year my buddy and I were out on LOTW in about 30ft. He woke up ,and when getting out of bed lost his watch down the hole. Well after a lot of #&*%##* out of his mouth we started fishing. Well about 3hrs later and about 7 fish he felt like his jig and minnow twisted up, so when he puled up his line he had his watch caught on the hook!!We hit the floor with laughter!! It still was ticking. It pays to jig the bottom!