• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

down the hole!

machohorn

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably an ice skimmer. I've already got a good start cause my didgital camera fell out of my shirt pocket at the end of a dock last week. Got it back and had it sitting in the defroster of my truck but no go yet. Haven't mentioned it to the wife yet...

Losing or dropping something down the hole is one thing, but getting it back is another. A Jack grabbed my rod, which I didn't have secure, and took it down the hole as I was 10 feet or so away. I ran and was told it was a perfect dive to the hole and reached down all in 1 motion. Came up with a wet arm. 20 minutes later and 30 feet away, 1 from our group pulls up a jack and low and behold attached to that was my rig. Got the rig back and the Jack. The reel was a little bit sandy, but cleaned up real well.

G.C.

Ice fishing is just one reason I always carry a spare truck key and house key. Thankfully, I had both spares with me when it happened last year. I heard my keys hit the ice, and as I turned to see where they were, I dragged my foot and kicked 'em right down the hole.