• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First ice house!

Jeff D

I just bought my first ice house and i got a vexilar with it. I really don't have a clue how to use the vexilar but i hope i will catch on quick. now all i need is a power auger. i don't really know which brand to get or which one is better than the other. If anybody that reads this and has an old one sitting around i'm looking for something fairly cheap and it doesn't have to run. aAny input would be great.

Check your local pawn shop for the auger. I got mine there for less than half the price of a new one and it runs great. You will catch on quick with the vex. If you see someone out on the ice with one, just ask for a quick how to. It will take about 2 minutes. Most guys are there will be happy to help you out. Good luck this winter!!

Jeff D- I bet your pumped. Thats awesome! Welcome to the addiction we call FishingMinnesota and IceLeaders. Enjoy the web page and welcome to the family!

Fishing with a flasher is really quite easy. They cant lie. If it says something is down there, there is. The best advice I can give you is find someone who has a flasher and fish with them for about 5-10 mins.. by then you should have the hang of it. Better yet, try and get to one of the IceLeaders get togethers!.. They are a ton of fun and you can pick up a ton of tips!

again,, nice to have you a part of the family!