• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Fishing Guide 2009!!

Rainman

It is the annual magazine put out by In-Fisherman with all the latest and greatest gear from all the manufacturers. I picked mine up at Barns and Noble on break today. Some cool stuff in there, but you can see most of the info on the products here on FM.

One thing I saw in there that will be a hot item this year is the new heater from MrHeater. It is called the Base Camp. Small portable heater, bigger and more powerful than a Coleman SportCat but still has the low O2 sensors and what not like the Buddy heaters have. How well they work has yet to be seen, but it looks pretty slick.

Stupid question, but what's in the Ice fishing guide?

Every year about now In-Fisherman puts out a magazine for just ice fishing. There is tips, product reviews and places to try. Reed's almost always has a 20-30 page flyer in with it as well. It semms to be a good place to see what is new in the industry for the year and there only seems to be a limited supply of the issues printed every year. Also, there is usually a coupon for $1 or so off the admisson to the ice show at the Xcel in December.

I thought the articles were far too short, and filled with things we have discussed on this board thousands of times before.

For all the talk of "The new age of ice fishing" this years in fisherman ice guide was same old same old.

The magazine read like an infomercial.

I thought the articles were far too short, and filled with things we have discussed on this board thousands of times before.

For all the talk of "The new age of ice fishing" this years in fisherman ice guide was same old same old.

The magazine read like an infomercial.

Let's be honest here. Many posts on this site are infomercials as well. No matter what you read be it in a magazine or forum, your going to get biased opinions. It is up to the reader to gather as much info about a certain technique or tackle before they make any decisions. Although I value the opinions of moderators, pro-staffers and columnist, I take them only as a guide in my decision process. I would much rather spend the afternoon with someone who has a product or first hand knowledge on a particular technique that I am interested in. Then with all that information you can make a confident decision. It seems that relying on one person or source to look out for your best interest is not wise. It’s all about the dollar. Spend yours wisely.