• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

car storage

I've got a 98 grand am that I cant drive until next summer and has been sitting all this summer. Is there anything I should do as it is going to sit awhile? I've been starting it and letting it run a few minutes about once a week. Thanks in advance

If you keep doing what you have been doing, I would say you would be fine.

Just for good measure, I would drive it around the block once a month also (if you can).

A can of Sta-bil for the fuel tank and an change oil if it is close to needing a change. Some dryer sheets inside, trunk and eng. compartment for mouse control. You should be good!

I'd do the same except have the oil changed, coolant inspected for freezing point, top off the fuel tank (add a can of seafoam, 1 oz per gallon of gas), and then as soon as the temps stay below freezing remove the battery and don't worry about it until spring when the temps stay above freezing.