• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

All done

ikeslayer

First of all how many of you are all done chasing bass?

When should one be all done chasing bass?

Any one heading south?

So seriously when does the everyone's bass season usally come to a close. Thinking about getting some 1oz tungesten to punch through ice. at what water temp are you wasting your time?

Fearing the frozen future. ike

Not over for me until it freezes, as long as it is decent weather out there. If the sun is shining and the highs are above freezing, I will get out if I can. Bass can get a little tough towards the bitter end, I plan to do some walleye/muskie fishing if that becomes the case.

Cant wait for ice fishing though!

I'm a wimp when it comes to real cold which for me is in the 30's to be in a boat anyway. Short trips aren't worth dragging the boat around and I don't have the cold weather gear to make me comfortable out in the elements. Even putting a little something in the java is not a solution....

Last year it was a 12 hour day on the river in Brainerd that finished it up for me in mid-November with cold, snow, sleet, and rain (none of which was forecasted). Was miserable most of the day but was not going to quit after that long drive. Fishing stunk! No smallies, small crappies, and huge dogfish.

I'm thinking of either Brainerd again on Saturday or one of the local lakes for largemouth/crappies if the weather holds. May even hit the Rum one last time for the season.

I hit Turtle yesterday afternoon, last time out in the boat for me this year. I'll be winterizing and putting her away this weekend.

Fishing was slow yesterday. It was a pretty nice day, a little windy, but still pleasant. I couldn't believe how low the lake was. We had trouble getting the boat over the sandy/rocky bar that surrounds the bay near the boat launch. We actually beached the boat a couple times.

The few fish we got came on small crank baits and grubs. The water temp was around 54 degrees. Bring on the ice!

I shelved my boat last weekend. To be honest, once ducks are an option, fishing only happens on the nicest of days anyway. However, back when I was without parental and marital responsibilities, I fished bass all the way to ice up during the week. I never caught many once the water temp dipped into the 40's, but I do remember catching fish on Swedish Pimples with some frequency (relative to other baits). There's my (dated) tip of the day.

I'm still hanging on a little bit... Got out today on the maquoketa river in iowa to chase some smallies. It was one of the first free days I had with no school work and had to take advantage of it. We wet waded the stream (brrr!) and found a bunch of smallmouth still willing to bite. It will be one of the most memorable days I had this year. Big rock bluffs, fall colors and a crystal clear stream...doesn't get any better!