• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MySpace & Facebook

Sandmannd

I check my facebook the most. It does seem to be more common that employers are checking up on potential employees, it's like a background check for what your work ethic/attitude may be. Companies more than ever are concerned with image, and well, if you have a picture of yourself looking completely stupid on there, doesn't look so good for them.

It is more for younger people. I'm 23 and basically am friends with my whole graduating class plus a mob of people from UMN (back when it was universities only you pretty much had to have one while at the U).

As far as employers seeing them, depending on your privacy settings most employers wouldn't see more than your profile picture.

Hi! Well, I was reluctant to sign up for both of them at first, especially facebook, I was like, why would I sign up for yet another internet community, it’s kind of pointless etc., but now I’m totally addicted. You know facebook was actually created by Harvard University and it was supposed to be just for the students there? Then it got huge, and now I’m addicted to it. I’m seriously considering rehab :-D

Not this guy, I spend too much time on FM and would waste even more time on the internet with Facebook/Myspace that I could be fishing during.

That and I like being the one person from my graduating class ('07) that doesn't have it, I see and talk to the people I want to, the rest don't need to know anything about me.

I got a facebook just so I could keep tabs on the kid. He's on that darn thing all the time... Its pretty cool way to post and share pics with friends and relatives you don't see. I don't get all the bells and whistles and really haven't and won't try all of them but the basic thing is fine.