• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Transom Tie Downs

Ralph Wiggum

Question

I've got my boat held on the trailer with a ratchet strap over the gunwales right now. I'd like to use some of the straps that attach to the transom eyes, but I've got a Shorelander trailer and it doesn't seem to have a great place to hook these types of straps. Anyone dealt with this before?

4 answers to this question

Not sure I understand what your trailer looks like Ralph, But if it is possible somehow to attach the retractable Boat Buckles style of tye down on the trailer, do it ! It is some of the best money I have ever spent, they're great.

Ralph, I had the same setup until the beginning of this year. I bought some transom straps and then a few U-bolts from the local hardware store. Just installed the U-bolts through the frame of the trailer and cinched em down. Works great.

Ralph, I had the same setup until the beginning of this year. I bought some transom straps and then a few U-bolts from the local hardware store. Just installed the U-bolts through the frame of the trailer and cinched em down. Works great.

Thanks. That is my backup plan if this method isn't up to snuff.