• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sportsman/sportswoman hand/skin care

Question

I have tried a bunch of hand creams and other stuff to try to maintain my hands in the wet and the cold few ever worked.

One product I recently found that has really proven itself is called Burt's Bees Hand Salve, great stuff.

My hands crack up and chafe from handling fish and being in and out of the water constantly. They crack to the point that they bleed and make fishing or anything else tougher to manage. After a week of use of the Burt's Bees salve they are all healed up. I was very impressed.

A side benefit that I have seen with Burt’s Bees hand treatment is it appears to waterproof your hands and help to keep them dry and subsequently warmer in the cold. I could very easily see it also protecting your face from windburn or frostbite on the ice or on the sled.

I found a tin of it at Scheels and it ran about $6. A tin will last a long winter and then some, it doesn't take a lot to work. Just a little bit worked into your hands well will last all day.

I have tried a bunch of lotions and balms and this is by far the best in my book. With the ice season on the way I would highly recommend you check it out.

Here is a site I found that shows the product I mentioned.

http://www.rubberducky.vu/Burts_Bees/bb_natural_remedies.html

------------------
Backwater Eddy..><sUMo>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300
[email protected]

A Yohnson lotion, vut da heck is dat eh?

Now Vait a gosh darn minute, we doon't vant to go dar doo we?

But-Ya know vat, eh?

Maybe that dar Udder Butter stuff IS a Yohnson Loaiton, Yon't ja know?

Uf Da!

grin.gif

I worked as a mechanic for many years with lots of solvents etc. and found that Vicks vapo-rub will work to heal up your hands but you will sleep with your hands out away from your nose another product that works great is AQUAPHILIC cream ask your pharmasist for a new jar it is what they use as a base for custom creams best of all NO SMELL and NO STAIN when you wash your hands in the morning you will notice that it is still there good stuff I have used it for years

I lived in FL for 5 years before moving to CO with no $$ for winter clothes. I bought pantyhose for $4 instead of thermals for $15 and they worked pretty well if there was no wind. Now I use 'em under the thermals as a viable layer. The old Joe Namath ads were a joke on pro-footballers doin' the same thing for real in the 70's.
Don't itch, neither.

------------------
<)/////><{
RobertC