• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

For those that play townball

bassNspear

I play town ball for St. Francis and we mostly use Baum Bats. They are wood but have a rod in the middle so they don't break. A good real wood bat will cost you around $100 and may only last you one swing which is why the state lets us use Baum bats and other types. Most teams do not have sponsors at all and can't afford real wood. The better real wood bats are Maple and Ash. I swing with the Maple as they seem to have more "pop" to them. 34"-31".

I don't play townball, but i play high school ball and travel year round. I have used a lot of different wood bats. My favorite bats by far are the Demarini Pro Maples or any of the Max Pro Maples. A lot of people are startig to turn to composites, but to me it just feels like the ball jumps off maples a little better.

You played w/ Brooks & Brian then, they're the two youngest. Their older brother Scott that I played with is probably the best out of the three ballplayers. We all grew up around Carnelian Lake north of town, hence the screen name as I'm sure you could figure out.

I always used maple bats. They are harder, seem to have a little more pop. D-bats, A-bats and max-bats are very nice, but spendy.

Rawlings makes a nice Pro-lite bat you can buy for 35-50 bucks. I also like the BWP bats. They were my favorite. They also make a light bat that I really liked and these seemed to last the longest. There is a guy in Lake Crystal that sells a bunch, he used to coach their town team.

Check this site out also.

http://www.slambats.com/