Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bassNspear

For those that play townball

35 posts in this topic

what bats are you all using for amauter baseball. i have heard reports are alot of different bats.

What do you use?

i dont play townball, to old, but i believe it is REQUIRED to use wood bats. main reason to many pitchers getting hurt.

hey sorry man,i took a different angle at your question. i assumed you were asking what kind not what brand name. me bad. blusheeksmile

I play town ball for St. Francis and we mostly use Baum Bats. They are wood but have a rod in the middle so they don't break. A good real wood bat will cost you around $100 and may only last you one swing which is why the state lets us use Baum bats and other types. Most teams do not have sponsors at all and can't afford real wood. The better real wood bats are Maple and Ash. I swing with the Maple as they seem to have more "pop" to them. 34"-31".

NICE avatar. lucky romo. hey bns thanks for the free pass this time. smirkgrinwink am out of them now or do i get one more? blushsmilewhistle

Now what are you doing looking at his avatar???? Would you watch her on DWTS if she was on next year???? grinsmirkwhistle

i have been swing baum bats for the last two years, and are just not happy with the performce of them later in the year. Seems like they loose alot of pop.

If you hold the same size and length Baum bat and a maple bat in each hand the Baum seems to be a bit heavier IMO. The Baum bats after a good year of use start to chip on the end.

ULT, hey im not blind and i am still alive! winkwhistle and maybe! wink especially if she wore that outfit. you need to remember this, just because your on a diet doesnt mean you cant look at the menu! grinwhistle

Ed has not visited me yet either, so I do a lot of looking...when I quit, they will be burying me. gringrin

anyone have any suggestions as what you are swing or what a person should try out.

there is soooooooooo many bat companies out there, its so hard to get them all and swing them all.

I don't play townball, but i play high school ball and travel year round. I have used a lot of different wood bats. My favorite bats by far are the Demarini Pro Maples or any of the Max Pro Maples. A lot of people are startig to turn to composites, but to me it just feels like the ball jumps off maples a little better.

i think your right, the maples are going to have more pop in them, but your going to break alot more!

I played townball in Kimball, MN and Superior, WI up til a few years ago. When in Superior we swung maple from Ironwood Bat Co. It's a company in Aurora, MN. Good product and nice to support a local guy.

www.Ironwoodbats.com

Kimballs' my hometown, played from 1998-2001. I'm sure you know either the Marquardt or Pennertz family.

You played w/ Brooks & Brian then, they're the two youngest. Their older brother Scott that I played with is probably the best out of the three ballplayers. We all grew up around Carnelian Lake north of town, hence the screen name as I'm sure you could figure out.

I always used maple bats. They are harder, seem to have a little more pop. D-bats, A-bats and max-bats are very nice, but spendy.

Rawlings makes a nice Pro-lite bat you can buy for 35-50 bucks. I also like the BWP bats. They were my favorite. They also make a light bat that I really liked and these seemed to last the longest. There is a guy in Lake Crystal that sells a bunch, he used to coach their town team.

Check this site out also.

http://www.slambats.com/

Sooooo. its those kimball guys you always got in trouble with, just blamed everything on us honest cold spring angels. laughsmirkwinkwhistle

Yeah, it sure is. Good Ol' MN JUCOS. I played at Itasca CC then UW-Superior. You play anywhere after Ridgewater?