• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Leak in Rubber Boots

ozzie

I bought a pair of nicer rubber boots and noticed at the end of the ice season that I would get a wet foot......I have done my best to determine where the leak is coming in from but can't find anything......Can anyone suggest a tip on finding the leaking area and how I could patch it??? I know it is leaking from the bottom of the boot some where but can't pin point the leak....Thanks

never thought of that....I might have to try that....thanks...anyone else have ideas of how to find the leak and repair it...I would assume once I find the leak if it is small I could propably use super glue or something along those lines...

Use a sink full of water with dish soap. Fold the top of the boot over and slowly roll the top down towards the sole while keeping the suspected area covered with soapy water. Just a film of soapy water is all you need and watch for bubbles, If you get a good seal and a little presure in the boot you can easily spot the leak and mark it.

Super glue is very brittle and does not make a good rubber patch. Most sporting goods and shoe retailers as well as Wallmart sell a product called Shoe Goop. Shoe Goop is good stuff and works well even in freezing temperatures. Clean the area to be patched and rough up the area around the hole to let the Goop get a good grip, use sand paper or a file. Put some Goop on and if possible into the hole. Let dry and you should be dry again.

well it has to be leak as I orig. thought that is was sweat in the winter but in the spring I would wear them to launch the boat and everytime my right foot would get wet so it has to be a leak.....I am going to try to fix them tonight.......Thanks for the suggestions!!