• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gas Dryer No Heat

DrJ

I just took it apart and the ignitor looks fine and I checked and it has continuity.Its a whirlpool. When I look in the front panel hole the ignitor isn't glowing so from what I've found online its not the solenoid. I'm wondering if it could be the thermostat? DrJ.

Take the back off of the dryer. To the left of exhaust chute (if facing back of dryer) there is a little white piece with 2 wires on it. It's a safety thermostat. Take the 2 wires and hook them together (bypassing that part) and then turn on dryer. Of course have the dryer unplugged when touching the wires. That should solve your problem.

Bearslayer, I did what you said and the heat came on. I have one happy wife now since I'm leaving for a week hunting geese. Thanks for your help.And quick reply. Take Care DrJ.