• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1990 Carmry Stuttering

I have a 90 toyota Camry w/ 165K that has started to stutter when accelerating/decelerating(auto transmission), sometimes if you stomp on it you can power through it and it doesn't seem to do it much when cruise control is on. I just changed oil, checked air filter and had the exhaust worked on and that didn't fix it, I'm thining my next step is to replace the fuel filter. Anybody have any other ideas? thanks

redhooks

Check the spark plugs. Spray the wires and cap down with water while the engine is running. Give a quick power brake to see if the secondary ignition is breaking down. If it is the motor will bog really bad while power braking or you'll see the spark arcing to ground from the wires.

Make sure you inspect the part of the spark plug wires that go into the valve cover for signs of leakage. You might see burn marks if this is happening.