• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"New Sheriff" of business management

IFallsRon

SAN DIEGO — The College of Business Administration at San Diego State University (SDSU) announced that former National Football League head coach, Dennis Green, has begun teaching the SDSU Sports Business Management MBA program’s Strategic Management (BA703) course which has been offered during fall 2008 semester.

Green, the former head coach of the Minnesota Vikings (1992 – 2001) and the Arizona Cardinals (2004 – 2006) brings his vast first-hand knowledge of professional sports management to the classroom. Green has also had many years of experience coaching in the college ranks at Stanford University and Northwestern University. Outside of coaching, he worked as an analyst for ESPN and is presently working as a commentator for Westwood One Radio. Green is president of Dennis Green Sports Marketing and Greenlight Sports Marketing.

During the semester, students will work on a major project where they will develop a group presentation suggesting a viable solution to the stadium improvement issue currently facing the city of San Diego and the San Diego Chargers. The proposed solution will be based on classroom interaction with local experts involved with the issue and their own research conducted outside the classroom.

“The opportunity to tap into Dennis’ incredible knowledge of sports management is a major coup for the SDSU Sports Business MBA program.” said Scott Minto, director of SDSU’s Sports Business MBA program. "As a head coach in the NFL, Dennis was required to exhibit the same management skills required of a major corporate executive. His leadership experience in one of the most high pressure situations in the sports business and his knowledge of all aspects of the football business makes Dennis the ideal person to head this unique academic exercise."

“I’m thrilled to be a part of SDSU Sports MBA program and enjoy working with students who want to be a part of this industry,” said Green. “I want to see these students succeed in the sports business profession, so great to be a part of the process. But you have to work hard to be a winner, so I’m not ‘letting them off the hook’.”

Oh man, this is a one-liner bonanza!

*I knew I should have checked on the high road!

*The system is working like it's supposed to.

*I thought he would have been in meteorology: "Calcutta clipper...swings down, swings up...lake front influence."

*It is what he thought it was!!!!And he let em off the hook!!!

All joking aside it doesn't surprise me. He's a California guy. Does a ton of bass fishing out there, has stanford ties, etc.

I'm still cleaning the beer I spit off my screen after reading "vast-hand knowledge".

Hey maybe he could help Daunte Culpepper now that he wants to come out of retirement and serve as his own agent.

DD