• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FLW, Bassmaster

TonkaBass

Last time B.A.S.S. came here was on Tonka and while the pro's love the lake and want to come back the local officials and lake associations made life so miserable for them they vowed never to return. Not sure if that was Minnestonka, Wayzata, Excelsior, etc. AND DNR or just the local municipalities.

Heard that from both Denny Brauer and Shaw Grigsby.

Was it BASS or FLW came here in the 90's and the resident's complained about no wake zones or something?? It was a big hassle and I thought some pro's got tickets from the sheriff. In any case they haven't come back. The closest was Wissota in WI a yr or 2 ago.

It was BASS and they did make a few mistakes as far as fish care goes. They lost a decent amount of fish and everyone was all freaked out about it. They also did have a few issue's with no-wake and it was on Minnetonka, which has the loudest lakeshore owners in the state.

Both Bass and FLW have been on Tonka, and yes, they had issues. mainly because they wanted the big weigh in and I think both had the weigh in at MOA. which caused a lot of lost fish if I remember. It was neat to see the big boys tear the lake up. They were impressive for sure.

Well i never said never but you wont see a big FLW/BASS bass tournament up this way for a long time. There is no reason for them to come up here after all the trouble they got last time. Walleye fishing is way bigger up here then in the southern states that is way they have them tournaments. Since 2001 FLW Walleye Tour has only had one event in MN per year with a few years not even having one in MN. '09 will be the first year FLW Tour has EVER had two events in MN, MN is a big time walleye state there is no doubt about that, so that is why they have to have some here.

I don't think BASS or FLW would hold a tournament on the St. Croix River. From Stillwater to Prescott, there is just to many no-wake zones and they are long ones. I know the BWS event includes Pool 4, Pool 3 and the St. Croix River but that is a haul to get up to the Croix and to me, Pool 3 is the dead pool.

The FLW has a BFL (great lakes) tourney that takes place in Wabasha and fish the river This is off of there HSOforum.

Take Off: 5:30 am

Weigh-in:

2:00 pm at Wabasha City Ramp at Ike's Park

Inside the harbor is off limits. Fishing is permitted in pools 3, 4, and 5.