Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
machohorn

Soft water season now closed

37 posts in this topic

Well I took the boat out one last time Sunday and then winterized it, with hunting season and a new pup I have to spend some time with him hunting, then comes deer hunting, right after that I am getting ready for the ice season. There are only so many weekends left b4 snow so I also have to get ready for that. Am I the only one?

I'm hoping to get out this next weekend for what will be the final time for the year and then put boat away. Then nothing until next year when I get the boat out. Don't hunt or ice fish.

I think this weekend will be the last for me in the boat til red wing in March. Bring on the ice!!!

I'll be out on Thanksgiving as my last weekend have the family out we hunting ducks and pheasants in the morning and fishing afternoons. nothing better than on there on a cold crisp day!

I'm in the boat until the ramp is iced in.

Best time of the year. Have the lake all to yourself

and once you find the big one's there's alway more than

one. Have fun guys.

yep, lot's of good fishing left. I broke ice on the way back to the landing of my last day last year. She was locked up the next morning.

I don't personally own a boat, any boat fishing that I do is usually with a specific buddy, but his boat is never winterized, as we will be occasionally caught chasing walleye and sauger in January, and last year we went cat fishing in extreme late November, breaking ice on the way to our spot, which luckily wasn't iced in yet, but we had ice forming around us while we were fishing into the evening.

I also will be breaking ice with the boat. I can't see any reason to sit around waiting for safe ice. When the landing is froze shut then I wait. Goodbuy skiiers!

I still plan on being on the water for a few more weeks. With only being able to shot one deer in our area it gives me more time to fish.

Nonsense!! The fishing is on fire...right now. I love to ice fish but I look forward to this time of year more than spring.

We are just getting into the "Thick water season"....hard water will come soon enough...in time.

I'm with the enjoy the fall bite crowd.

We still have plenty of open water time. I am going to fish as much as I can. Next week i spend in N. Dakota waterfowl hunting, so we'll see how much I do it, but for sure this weekend.

I wish I had more time, I know this is the best time for fishing but realisticly, I needed to put the boat away. However I still have my duck boat I just bought ready! in case of an emergency. lol

Right now its sleeting here in Rockford. Ouch!

Like others here I am waiting for a couple more good days before I put the boat away.

With price of gas almost half of what it was last spring and this summer, I can not see any reason to put the boat away yet.

would love to go out but my boat is in for repair, will not get it back in the water until next year

I'm winterizing the boat tomorrow and then off to storage it goes tomorrow afternoon. I've got to make room in the driveway for the wheelhouse! I've got a few things I have to do to that so.....

I started getting ready for ice fishing at turnover! I just need a cold snap! please!

Lows in the lower 20's this weekend for all you boat guys. Have fun freezing your fingers off I will wait till I can be in a nice heated shack where I don't have to worry about boat control or anything! Oh I cant wait!

I'm with the majority, I'll fish until H frezzes over, and thats on the croix. The boat never does really get fully winterized but this way I think I'm ready at any given tine.:-)

RU ready?

I am

HTB

I hear ya! I can't wait now until icedrinking....ummm. icefishing starts. Nothing better than posting up at 3pm, cracking a cool one and waiting for once....for the fish to find you! It also is kinda cool to watch the T-pups, Wild and if we're lucky....the Vikes, (assuming he11, or ice freezes over)