• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

finaly lakemaster woods/rainy edition for GARMIN

robert1965

I was getting close to buying a Lowrance. when I was reading my new ice fishing magazine, I came across this walker mn family outdoor outfitters 2009 winter sale catalogue that came with the magazine. so I called, its true the chip covers 600,000 acres of lake of the woods, and nearly all of rainy lake and the entire rainy river in high definition, one foot contours.it does not as of yet, cover the canadian side of lake of the woods. I was told this coming february, they will be done with that. a new chip to come after, this is good news some of the new garmins are top notch lets hope navionics comes next.

I agree, Garmin makes great GPS units and the ability to use LakeMaster maps in them is a big plus. They've been available for a while now and are becoming more and more popular all the time.

I carry Garmin LakeMaster chips at Pro Fishing Supply, you can see them HERE if interested. Also, I've got a really great deal going on for a Garmin GPS and LakeMaster Chip Package, that link is HERE .

hey perchjerker that's a good combo deal. I have the etrex legend cx that's about four years old, great unit. I have the city navigator software on mine, I live in Chicago and its great turn by turn turn directions. I use mine for work and play, what you are offering with the chip package cant be beat. I cant wait for the next lakemasters chip that covers the Canadian side of lake of the woods for garmin, do you have any more info on that.

I've owned and used a few Garmins, including with turn-by-turn routing, and they really are great units.

I haven't heard anything specific on the Canadian side of LOTW, other than that they're working on it. The last few new chips have come out a few months later than they were expected too, I don't know if this time will be any different or not.