• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hunting CRP

iceman16

driving around dark i see alot of deer in the CRP fields. do alot of people hunt CRP fields. and is there any hints to hunt them. find where they are coming in at night and try to catch them coming in at night or cut them off in the morning? i am used to hunting the deep woods for bow this is kinda new to me. thanks for any info.

iceman

LIke you said catch where they come in and out of the field and try to find a tree or set out a ground blind new to a used trail and see what happens as for crp fields with Rifles I sit on the edge of one between Two woods during gun season and catch them on the way across they move fast during the day so keep your eyes open and gun ready.

the field i am thinking about cant be hunted with guns its bows only and i walked the edges today and found one tree close enough and big enough to the field for a climber. there is a path around the field and i do have a ground blind, should i set it up on the path or would be goin into the field be to risky. i have seen a couple fields around me when driving around there are big ol gound blinds about 20 yards in open field. i have never hunted out of my blind just got it for a back up option.

iceman