• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Buffalo Wing Recipes?

My buddy makes some pretty killer wings and they are super simple. He just gets the little wings and drummies (bone in) and throws em in the oven or deep fryer. When they are done, just tosses em with Franks Red Hot. They are pretty darn good, though like you I would love to hear some aditional recipes to get some ideas.

If you want to do boneless I would think you could pick up some chicken breast tenderloins or some breast strips and batter them up and throw em in the fryer. Then toss in sauce. Tenderlions would be good for making a sandwich and strips better for the football parties.

roll the wings in seasoned flour with a bit of baking powder. after you roll the wings in the flour, let them sit in the fridge till the flour coating get gummy, then fry at 375. I always make these for parties, and toss them in buffalo sauce,BBQ, or a sweetend chile sauce that you can get in the ethnic isle. I make the buffalo by mixing franks hot sauce with butter

soak em over nite in Texas Style hot wing sauce. Pat em dry without rubbing your eyes, season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, lemon pepper, put em a foil pan and bake at 325 for 45 minutes, drain off juices, paint em with your favorite BBQ sauce doctored up with some more wing sauce for 45 more minutes. Check em and add more sauce during the last 45 minutes if needed. Once there are carmelized take em out, be a man and gnaw around the bones.

Zeek,

How long you frying those bad boys? The rest of your instructions seem pretty simple. I have tried the fry and dunk in Franks and that is OK but I do like the chewy coating that you get at the bars and restaurants and I think the seasoned flour and the fridge would do the trick for that. It probably also gives the hot sauce and butter something to soak into and hold onto. I may have to fire up the deep fryer this weekend!

Windy

By far the best boneless wings in the state belong to the Green Mill. Very light coating with killer sauce selection. Buy yourself the chicken tenders in by the chicken breasts. Roll in salt and pepper seasoned flour. Fry them up they won't take long so try not to over cook them. About 375 should be good on the fryer. Then mix up your favorite hot sauce half and half with melted butter. Get a nice big steel bowl put your sauce in and then your wings and toss them up while still hot.

Lots of good ideas, thanks guys!

Here's what I do,

Cut chicken breasts or tenderloins into "wing" size peices or strips. I have been experiementing with store bought breadings vs seasoned flour and the best so far has been 1 part Uncle Bucks Hot and Spicy breading/1 part flour. The flour frys a bit crispier than the store bought breadings. Then it's into the deep fryer or pan fried in enough oil to float the chicken. Usually 3-4 mins will be enough. While frying more batches I keep the wings in the oven at about 200 just to keep warm.

For sauce I start by melting 1 stick of butter (ever heard a bad recipe that started like that?), to that I add about a half table spoon of minced garlic, some onion powder, ground red pepper, and some more garlic powder (I happen to like garlic if you can't tell...) Mix it all in well with the butter and then add 1 bottle of Food Club Wing Sauce and stir together.

Shake over wings and enjoy with your favorite beverage.

I like to use Franks Redhot and I will add a couple of tablespoons of butter and 1 or 2 tablespoons of vinegar just to give it a little more bite. I also like Headcountry HOT BBQ sauce. I find that it is hotter then Franks but nothing that would burn you too bad and I will just use there plain BBQ sauce for the kids.

The recipe to end all buffalo recipes:

1 quart of Franks Red Hot Original

1 stick (1/4 lb) of UN-salted butter

Ranch dressing.

Make sure Franks and Ranch are room temp. Melt the butter and add to Franks. Mix together, start adding ranch one spoon at a time until you get to where you want to be.

Ranch dressing.

Make sure Franks and Ranch are room temp. Melt the butter and add to Franks. Mix together, start adding ranch one spoon at a time until you get to where you want to be.

Perfect!!

Though Blue cheese is a must!

Ranch dressing.

I do the same thing but Salted butter and homemade blue chesse.

Sifty

Go to paulys in chaska and get their recipe. I don't know if they would give it up or not but my buds and I agree they are the best.... I don't think there's any better.One more thing there are no boneless wings its just breast meat in disguise.I agree with the vinegar for the good stuff.