• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I found the cure for a sneezing Spaniel...

MinnesotaMongo

We were out hunting Saturday evening, when my Springer started to sneeze violently - for a LONG time. In fact, we quit, it was so bad. He settled down a little - but every now and then would start hard sneezing again. This lasted to a lesser degree Sunday - and today. I emailed some of my training friends - and they suggested that I might go to the vet - because one time, one of their dogs got a small twig stuck in its nose.

So I go in - because he's sneezing this morning - even in the dog box in the back. I walk into the Vet - weigh him - he's quiet. A little nervous though - and drops some nuggets on the vets floor with some twigs in it from this weekend. But that's another story.

So - now he's quiet for awhile - not a sneeze. The Doc looks him over - says he looks great - not much they can do, blah, blah, blah. He gives me some meds for swelling and infection, just as a precaution - and to call him later if it persists and we have to do more indepth nasal investigation - 112.00 later, I walk out and "WAH LA!' - Maynard is HEALED. No more sneezing.

I can give you the same treatment - just send me 112.00 - heheh...

At least he's better now....

Consider yourself lucky that it only cost you 112.00. Two years ago one of my springers had a piece of switch grass break off in her nose. Ended up having to take her to ISU Vet college to have it removed. They had to go in from behind the soft palat and flush it back out the front. After the over night stay, scans, and meds my bill was over $1,200.