• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

------------Reward-----------

Doufish2

Sunday night, Oct 19th, someone broke into 56 of 72 garages at an apartment complex in St Cloud. One of those garages was my son-in-laws, a very avid bass fisherman, who worked since the age of 16 in a tackle shop in Alexandria. This young man, 24 yrs old now, worked his butt off to get what he had, is very proud of his equipment and took extreme care of everything.

They left his boat alone, left several G-Loomis rods, left his depth finders and took two huge tackle boxes of his equipment. It is a [PoorWordUsage] shame that some low life can come in and wipe everything out in a matter of minutes. If you have any info that may help find the low life, I will put up $100 if an arrest is made. Does not seem like much, but he is my fishin buddy!!!

I like your son in law and Deitz was once victomized. I was a young trusting youth staying at a KOA campground at lake Cokato. My older cousin and I oared a boat out and got on a nice crappie bite. Upon returning to shore we were excited to share our catch with Dad. I neglected to keep a close eye on my tackle box and all the lures of young lifetime were gone.

I have learned over time that I as one person can not change the world. However, I know that I can have a positive impact on those around me.

That being said if you let me know a few of your son in laws favorite bass lures I would certainly like to help getting him back on track with some brand spanking new ones to load up that new box.

Pike

I will keep my eyes and ears open here too, as I once had all my fishing stuff stolen from my garage as well. Funny thing is ( if you call it funny) it sat out against the side of my garage all summer, ( i know dumb idea!) and none touched it,, 3 days later after i cleaned my garage out to put the fishing stuff in it for storage, someone came into my garage and took everything but my fillet knife and dipnet! Sorry to hear about the loss, and it's a shame some lowlife had to resort to this.

this brings back some painfull memories. at my senior keg i left my truck someplace i shouldn't have when i got back my box was gone. 4 years later my bronco was stolen, all my fishing stuff was left inside. that was the last time i left it in my vehicle.

i'm sure after 8 years of collecting, there must have been some irreplaceable lures in there. stuff that is no longer made. aaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!! best of luck to you and your son on your search.

Doufish2 - Sorry to hear it! I will also keep my eyes open. If he works at C's I have probably talked to him - small world!

I also have to ask - won't his renter's insurance cover some of it?

Chuck