• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

It's a sad day...

Whoaru99

Question

14 answers to this question

Quote:
Where is a good place to get rid of a few old deep cycle batteries in the MPLS area??

Try your local recycling place. Due to the metals inside used batteries, they have been fetching a good price. I had heard some action in around the $10.00per range earlier this summer for the rather larger batteries. Do not just give them away or even fall for a disposal fee

I know of a metals recycler in Monticello who pays well for them (Integrated Recycling Technologies), but I do not know of one off hand in Mpls.

I know do to the market crash last month and this month, some prices have crashed huge on recycled metals, but I do not know if battery prices have been effected.

Where is a good place to get rid of a few old deep cycle batteries in the MPLS area??

Hennepin County has drop-off facilities in Brooklyn Park and Bloomington that will take them. Also, I once found a battery on the road (actually, hit it with my car) and I just took it to Fleet Farm. They took it. No fee, but you won't get anything back, either.

The batteries were/are Stowaway Tournament, group 31 size. Dunno if they still make them, or if they would be the same battery now as then.

All I did was use them and recharge them as soon as possible after use. The OB charger I have is the original MinnKota MK 330 with the selectable battery types and built-in equalization/desulfation feature.

The batteries were never removed from the boat in all this time, not even in winter. The boat was cold stored, but the charger was left plugged in virtually all winter, and often continuously during prime fishing seasons when not in use. I occasionally checked and cleaned up the terminals, but other than that it was use and charge, use and charge.