Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishin58

NRA backing the wrong man.

81 posts in this topic

This is a tired chorus of the left. On my recent NRA magazine they endorse Democrat Tim Walz right on the front cover. They also endorsed Tim Johnson in South Dakota right next door to me I believe. This guy who writes this obviously has an axe to grind with the NRA and that's fine but just because he's obviously a Democrat doesn't make him automatically credible on gun issues, more so than the NRA who's actually been around protecting our gun rights for decades...

I am just happy to see some other publication not smearing Obama with false claims, meanwhile THEIR candidate says the opposite of you gun nuts and has not vowed to protect our public land and our hunting right. Like it was stated the NRA is just toeing the company line of the right. Us sportsman need to not be blinded by the NRA when it comes to these issues.

The NRA has been an embaresment to gun owners for years. I have a nice folder full of the fascist hate speach the NRA has been spouting over the last 10 years or so. It's about time that other gun ownership groups are starting to break ranks with the idiots of the NRA. Wayne LaPierre is a fascist crackpot that has wrecked what was a fairly decent organisation.

George Bush (senior) had it right when he resigned from the NRA

Here is an excerpt from President Bush's 1995 letter to NRA associate president Thomas Washington:

"I was outraged when, even in the wake of the Oklahoma City tragedy, Mr. Wayne LaPierre, Executive Vice President of NRA, defended his attack on federal agents as 'jack-booted thugs.' To attack Secret Service agents or ATF people or any government law enforcement people as 'wearing Nazi bucket helmets and black storm trooper uniforms' wanting to attack law-abiding citizens is a vicious slander on good people....

I am a gun owner and an avid hunter. Over the years I have agreed with most of NRA's objectives, particularly your educational and training efforts, and your fundamental stance in favor of owning guns.

However, your broadside against Federal agents deeply offends my own sense of decency and honor, and it offends my concept of service to country. It indirectly slanders a wide array of government law enforcement officials, who are out there, day and night, laying their lives on the line for all of us.

You have not repudiated Mr. LaPierre's unwarranted attack. Therefore, I resign as a Life Member of NRA, said resignation to be effective upon your receipt of this letter. Please remove my name from your membership list." -- The letter was quoted in: Inside the NRA: Armed and Dangerous, by Jack Anderson, 1996.

You quote G.H. Bush as an example of the rational American gun owner.

Safe to say in a few years the left will be quoting G.W. Bush's rational when convenient to their argument ? confused

If you so hate the N.R.A., did they really, in your mind, back the wrong man ?

"The second amendment is not about hunting. It is about our freedom,"

"I do believe when it gets down to it that there exists a true, genuine threat to our future and to our freedom and, ultimately, to our families."

"I am proud to be with a bunch of bitter people who cling to guns and God, because there aren't two things I'd rather cling to than God and my gun,"

Mike Huckabee

Safe to say in a few years the left will be quoting G.W. Bush's rational when convenient to their argument ?

If you so hate the N.R.A., did they really, in your mind, back the wrong man ?

I voted for Bush senior as he is a Republican who properly described Reganomics as Voodoo economics, and not a fascist like the shrub and the current Republican party. Left I'm not, but I refuse to support the fascist right wing traitors currently calling themselves Republicans - time for them to go. As for the NRA leadership and their Political Victory PAC they have been very vocal in their anti-Obama smear campaign as well as years worth of fascist [PoorWordUsage]. Too bad as the NRA use to be a decent organization. I don't care if you vote for or against McCain or Obama, I'm just not a fan of the NRA's smear campaign. It's also rather hypocritical for the NRA to support McCain as he was on their hitlist for years. I own guns and the idiots of the NRA don't speak for me.

You should get an encyclopedia or at least a dictionary and find out what fascism is before you call anyone a facsist. Your arguments lose all credibility when they are so non-sensical.

I'm an endowment and patron fund member of the NRA and proudly support the only group that has really really been there for gun rights for decades upon decades. I don't always agree wtih evey political thing they do, but by and large they are far and away the best voice we've had on gun issues and they have done more for gun owners than any ten other groups combined.

Exactly dinkadunk, that was the point I was making, I just cannot believe their efforts to smear Obama. Just wanted to help shed a little light on the subject, that what the NRA says is not the Bible. I believe a lot of sportsman have been blindsided by their campaign.

Their efforts to "smear' obama in your mind could also be described as their efforts to accurately reflect his anti-second amendment voting record.

Why is bringing up his actual voting record not acceptable???? What a crock!!!! He has supported bans like was just struck down in Washington and he opposes concealed carry and voted to allow prosecution of people who protect themselves in their own home with a gun. Those are FACTS not smears.

Doesn't the article point out McCain's voting record as well.

McCain is far from the gun supporter that you all make it out to be it appears. I think the main purpose of the article and the intial post was to point out that the guy you and the NRA are promoting to protect your gun rights has a record of doing the exact opposite.

I think people vote rather blindly sometimes and just assume that every republican will be as pro gun as they have been in the past. I think it pays for everyone to be objective and to actually look at both candidates voting record. If both have voted for gun legislation in the past how do you know which one will infringe the least on your rights as a gun owner?

If they both display a similar voting record and you looked at it objectively you wouldn't be able to come up with concise reasoning to support either candidate based on voting history on gun legislation.

Don't you know Lawdog, anything you bring up negative against the mesia is smearing!!

I know Sandmand, I speak against "the Chosen One" and I'm committing blaphsemy here on FM, but honestly I don't care. Somebody needs to get the truth out there about this clown and break through the blind lovefest that keeps people from catching on to what he really is.

Lawdog, what am I missing about Obama that I should know.

I came into this election undecided. I have voted both democrat and republican in the recent past and was open to either. i did my research listend to both candidates and made my decision.

It seems like you must have some inside info on this clown Obama. What am i missing?

I still haven't heard you talk about anything you like about McCain so I can only assume that you are blindly following party lines and voting for him simply becuase he's the next republican in line. Is that a fair assessment?

I don't think that's a fair assessment. I can't speak for him, but I'm not so much voting for McCain as against Obama. I just can't get with a lot of his policies.

The NRA has been an embaresment to gun owners for years. I have a nice folder full of the fascist hate speach the NRA has been spouting over the last 10 years or so. It's about time that other gun ownership groups are starting to break ranks with the idiots of the NRA. Wayne LaPierre is a fascist crackpot that has wrecked what was a fairly decent organisation.

George Bush (senior) had it right when he resigned from the NRA

Here is an excerpt from President Bush's 1995 letter to NRA associate president Thomas Washington:

"I was outraged when, even in the wake of the Oklahoma City tragedy, Mr. Wayne LaPierre, Executive Vice President of NRA, defended his attack on federal agents as 'jack-booted thugs.' To attack Secret Service agents or ATF people or any government law enforcement people as 'wearing Nazi bucket helmets and black storm trooper uniforms' wanting to attack law-abiding citizens is a vicious slander on good people....

I am a gun owner and an avid hunter. Over the years I have agreed with most of NRA's objectives, particularly your educational and training efforts, and your fundamental stance in favor of owning guns.

However, your broadside against Federal agents deeply offends my own sense of decency and honor, and it offends my concept of service to country. It indirectly slanders a wide array of government law enforcement officials, who are out there, day and night, laying their lives on the line for all of us.

You have not repudiated Mr. LaPierre's unwarranted attack. Therefore, I resign as a Life Member of NRA, said resignation to be effective upon your receipt of this letter. Please remove my name from your membership list." -- The letter was quoted in: Inside the NRA: Armed and Dangerous, by Jack Anderson, 1996.

[/quote

I have decided that everytime I read the word Fascist in your posts I am moving on to the next one. I encourage others to do the same unless you actually get anything out of these posts worth a S__T.

I don't think that's a fair assessment. I can't speak for him, but I'm not so much voting for McCain as against Obama. I just can't get with a lot of his policies.

I think its as fair of an assessment as Lawdog assuming all Obama supporters are blind sheep. There are very valid reasons to vote for Obama. There are also very valid reasons to vote against McCain no matter the alternative.

The way you see it maybe. The way I see it there are very valid reason to vote agains Obama.

I won't deny there are reasons to vote against Obama. Just not enough in my opinion to sway my vote to McCain.

I guess I have just heard very few reason to vote for McCain other then the fact that he's not Obama, which isn't a good enough reason IMO. No one seems to be able to support any of McCain's policies with maybe the exception of the typical republican pro-life stance. It makes me think that no one is acutally voting for McCain, they are either voting for the republican simply becuase he's the republican or they are voting against Obama simply beucase he's Obama.

After recieveing my NRA magazine and looking over the whole thing, in the NRA's mind, Obama is totally against the gun owner and McCain is all for the gun owner. Now, that is just what the NRA spreads if it is the truth I have no idea totally.

I think it will take some looking on your own to find McCain's voting record. The NRA is about as unbiaed as Fox News and MSNBC.

Exactly Harvey, I do not get the NRA mag but every other sportsman mag I have picked up has several mis-leading ads from the NRA. Take a look at Shoenke's HSOforum, it has McCain slapping the NRA right in the face.