Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FLaker

Lowrance XOG

5 posts in this topic

Anyone looked at the XOG GPS unit. I am leaning toward a H2Oc, but thought I would ask the experts before making my final choice.

I would mostly be using a GPS for fishing (80% hardwater 20% softwater), but occasionally for snowmobiling or hiking.

FLaker

I think the xog is a great unit especially if you'd use it for driving / traveling (and could have it plugged in while doing it) in addition to outdoor use. But if you're talking about using it for fishing and other strictly outdoor uses I think you'd be happier with the H2OC.

I carry both those units at Pro Fishing Supply, if you're interested you can check them out HERE

while I personally own an H20C, I saw one of the popular outdoor stores with all the animals mounts has a heck of deal on that XOG, just an FYI

I would go with the H2Oc. I've used the XOG and while it is nice, it's not as durable as the H2Oc and the XOG has experienced a few problems... not taking a charge... touch-screen not as functional in extreme cold... waterproof issues... the XOG is more designed for inside a car/truck as a navigational system, not necessarily something you would want to drag around with you on the ice...

If you're looking for a behind-the-wheel navigational system then the XOG is a very nice lucrative option, but for using it outside and for mostly purposes I would go with the H2Oc...

Thanks for your responses. Matt, you have confirmed much of what I was thinking.

Much appreciated!

FLaker