• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Arrived at "Who cares?"

Wadinator

hey DHanson...

"We could use some help on our offensive line. Any time you score 41 points, you can't really point any fingers on the offensive side."

I like how you say you can't point any fingers, yet counterdicting yourself by saying they need help on the offenseive line.

Gary,

You got to admit that the Falcons game was theirs for the taking and the other two games were decided by 7 total points. I think I can say that it is in the realm of possiblity that they could be undefeated. Also, I did say that would be scary stuff and that they are incredibly average looking. I think I did say that their big test will be against the Pack. So where is the disagreement? I don't see any and THAT is really scary stuff! LOL

Windy

tjack cant hit an open man and takes the entire downfield passing attack away. we lost on special teams play, not because of gus. with tjack in that game peterson doesnt get 121 and 2 tds either because chicago would have been stacking the box. they didnt stack the box with gus because they had two corners out, they were rushing 4 and dropping everyone else.

with tjack they have a different gameplan because he cant throw accurately more than 5 yards

with tjack they have a different gameplan because he cant throw accurately more than 5 yards

5 yards??? Man, you are generous. More like 2 feet.

Draft a QB with first round pick, let Gus stay and teach him, and get rid of TJunk all together. Is Booty any good? I don't know, I say take a QB in the first round, and see how Booty pans out down the road, if he is ever needed.

What is Gus going to teach him, how to be a journey-men qb, a below average passer in the NFL. How to throw into double coverage as 15 year + vet, he should be above that and he showed exactly what he is capable of. Also try looking up his stats for St. Loius last year, those numbers will impress.

hey DHanson...

"We could use some help on our offensive line. Any time you score 41 points, you can't really point any fingers on the offensive side."

I like how you say you can't point any fingers, yet counterdicting yourself by saying they need help on the offenseive line.

I did contradict myself didn't I. The offense looked pretty good. The only thing that i think we need to work on a little is our pass protection. That is what I meant by we could use some help on our offensive line. And I couldn't agree more with the others saying we need to work on our special teams, obviously.

right...

there should be no way in which you let Kyle Orton throw 200 plus yards on your defense. First off, i can't even name a wide-reciever on that team. so who ever been saying Jared Allen as improved our defense. well i haven't seen it

right...

there should be no way in which you let Kyle Orton throw 200 plus yards on your defense. First off, i can't even name a wide-reciever on that team. so who ever been saying Jared Allen as improved our defense. well i haven't seen it

Actually I'm upgrading him to UNBELIEVABLE after this weeks game.

I understand the Average Joe will just look at the the Sack totals and make their assumption on how he's playing but I along with members of the National media really didn't understand how good he is in every facet of the game.

He doesn't stop busting his arse the entire game. He's much better at stopping the run then we thought and his relentless pursuit of the Ball is almost unheard of. He has to be one of the 3 best Ends in the NFL and worth every penny we paid....PERIOD.

So we're going from amazing to UNBELIVABLE!....

Posted by PierBridge

right...

He (allen) has improved the pass rush, but as long as the quarterback can get the ball out of his hands the other team's receivers are going to catch it most of the time. The vikes d-backs have seemed pretty bad lately, a pick now and then would be nice. The d-line can't get a sack on every down.

watching the game. a couple of the sacks have been coverage sacks, so don't put them just on the d-line for making the play, coverage gave them plenty of time. Hopefully getting Williams back for the safety will help the pass defense, since we gave him a lot of money for guy i haven't really heard before.

T-Jack is an athletic, rocket-like arm strength, rythym Quarterback. Not a Hand-off-the-Ball every down and maybe throw every 5th play type player, or even a play-action roll out kinda guy.

Straight up drop backs or shotgun formation passing on more then 40% of the plays and T-Jack looks good. That is where the rythym comes in.

Now, he is being paid as a professional, working on a professional team, so he should make the throws no matter how long it's been since his last pass attempt. But, to succeed with T-Jack, you need to throw the ball early and often.

Furthermore, is this team advertised as being micro-managed? Is Chilly in charge of the offense, gameplanning, and 100% of the playcalling? Or is is Darrell Bevell? I think maybe Bevell sucks, though it is Chili-Peppers job to recognize thát as such and make the changes needed, even if it means firing Brett Favres old coach (didn't they always say Brett Favre was the WORST example of mechanics and quarterbacking to ever play the game??).

As a straight up O-Coord. Chilly Pepper Dog ran a pretty dynamic offense in Philly.

As history has taught us, if you want a super vertical high scoring offensive circus, hire a D-Coordinator as your head coach (see tony dungy, as ONE example).

If you want to have a great defense, hire an O-Coord as your head coach (see brian billick, as ONE example)

If you want your whole team to rock the world, hire someone that sucked @$$ in his last head coaching job (see bill belicheck as ONE example).

So...We should hire...Mike Nolan or Herm Edwards (once he's fired from KC of course)

Football should be fun, enertaining, and imaginative. The Vikes always look tired on offense, no urgency, and predictable. Though in 1998, they were predictable, yet entertaining. Deep to Moss, Possession to Carter, and the outside run with Robert Smith. 556 points later, one playoff blowout, a head coaching offer to Brian Billick, and the Vikes were thee biggest disapointment in league history....Until the 2007 Patriots lost to Strahans Giants.'

Hody hody hum.

Oh, and they started 0-2 last year and were gonna fire the head coach....remember that?

They may be beating the heck out of some "wonderful" teams right now- but I wonder what will happen when they play in the play-offs. I love the Vikings. Always have, but I am still not convinced they will go too far in the play-offs, sorry, just not seeing it.