• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tony Dean Has Passed Away.

candiru

That is sad to hear. I've been watching his shows for years. One of the few hosts of a fishing show that just delivered the joy of fishing without the hard product sell. His promotion of the Dakotas as fishing and hunting destinations was unparalleled. I will miss him.

Im very sad to hear this news! My thoughts are also with his family. I will miss him and his show greatly. Probably one of the nicest guys I ever met in the "bussiness". He just had a way of putting you at ease when he talked.

As everyone who ever watched his show knows he was more than a hunter/fisherman. He really worked to improve the envirenment in wich he lived and played. A great stewart of the land for sure.

We have lost another great outdoorsman so who is going to step up and take his place?

Very well said Northlander, I must say, I really enjoyed watching Tony and since he was so down to earth about his show and not all glam, I felt like he was the guy next door doing thing just like him was something anyone could do. He will be missed! My thoughts to Tony's family.

Tony will be missed by many people, he was a great outdoorsman. i remember when i was a kid getting up to watch his show. it was my favorite outdoors show. my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

iceman

Very sad news. I did have the chance to meet him in person and talk to him as he was a keynote speaker for the Iowa Association of County Conservation Boards annual conference. He was an excellent speaker and talked to him afterwards that night during social hour in the hotel bar. Definitely down to earth guy and made time to hear what you had to say. True steward fo the land and water. RIP Tony