Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
candiru

Tony Dean Has Passed Away.

43 posts in this topic

Tony's HSOforum is reporting that Tony Dean passed away around 1 am. today.

That is very sad to hear frown

Tony was a great steward to the sport of fishing and hunting. He will be missed

Thoughts go out to his family.

Tony dean was a great guy. I watch his show all the time, he also was very informing and love the great outdoors.... He really WILL BE MISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you go to tonydean dot com and then to issues, it is there. Not much info now. I am sure there will be some news stories by morning. He will be missed. I enjoyed watching his shows.

A sad day, a good man, a legendary sportsman, he will be missed and remembered fondly.

I have many fond memories of watching his show as a kid. It used to get me all fired up to pester my dad to take me fishing. Tony Dean will be missed, my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

That is sad to hear. I've been watching his shows for years. One of the few hosts of a fishing show that just delivered the joy of fishing without the hard product sell. His promotion of the Dakotas as fishing and hunting destinations was unparalleled. I will miss him.

Im very sad to hear this news! My thoughts are also with his family. I will miss him and his show greatly. Probably one of the nicest guys I ever met in the "bussiness". He just had a way of putting you at ease when he talked.

As everyone who ever watched his show knows he was more than a hunter/fisherman. He really worked to improve the envirenment in wich he lived and played. A great stewart of the land for sure.

We have lost another great outdoorsman so who is going to step up and take his place?

Very well said Northlander, I must say, I really enjoyed watching Tony and since he was so down to earth about his show and not all glam, I felt like he was the guy next door doing thing just like him was something anyone could do. He will be missed! My thoughts to Tony's family.

Tony will be missed by many people, he was a great outdoorsman. i remember when i was a kid getting up to watch his show. it was my favorite outdoors show. my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

iceman

Very sad news. I did have the chance to meet him in person and talk to him as he was a keynote speaker for the Iowa Association of County Conservation Boards annual conference. He was an excellent speaker and talked to him afterwards that night during social hour in the hotel bar. Definitely down to earth guy and made time to hear what you had to say. True steward fo the land and water. RIP Tony

really sorry to hear the sad news, will miss his great fishing shows, Tony now gets to fish gods great streams. Bless you Tony.

I agree with everything said about Tony. My guess is that Tony would be quite proud of the good words everyone is saying about him.

He was one of my all time favorites.

Sad loss to the fishing family.. Didn't even know he was sick.. does anybody know any details?

Terrible news...

Absolutely loved watching Tony Dean. He gave us Minnesotans a look at the outdoors life in the Dakotas.