• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1999 breeze

Hi,

I have a '99 Breeze with the 2.4 in it. I figure I should chance the gas filter, as it has never been changed. The car had 44k on it. Yes 44k. What I found was that I would have to take the gas tank out to get to the filter. Is there another way?

Thanks

I just made a phone call to a friend of mine who is a drivability mechanic up at the local Chrysler garage. He said on this model, the fuel filter is external and located by one of the hold down straps for the tank. I know most late Chrysler’s are a sock style in the tank and was not sure about this model year. I had to call him for other reasons, but figured I would ask him while I had him on the phone.

I would double check before bringing the fuel tank down. I am sure there is a sock/pick screen in tank also, but this does not require any service unless fuel pump is being replaced.

Quote:
It should have two plastic lines

Ya, if my minds eye is right on, these lines are longer, have some pre-bends in them and are black. The filter is a silver canister attached to the black lines.