• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

anyone else not have a boat?

mrpike1973

hi just wondering if anyone else doesnt have a boat i consider myself a very active fisherman and i still catch fish i had a boat but had so many problems with it it was more fun to fish with out it so i sold it very happy with my decision. any one else not have a boat or am i a odd ball

I'm currently boatless, gave my last one to the kid, the only time I used it was when someone else wanted to go, so I gave it to someone who would at least use it, my job use to have days off during the week and it was great, no crowds, lakes, rivers to yourself, now I have S/S off, not my favorite days to fish, I think anytime you can advoid a boat ramp on the weekend the better, I find I can catch meals from shore or in the winter through the ice, I usally don't fish during July or August because of the heat, and the water is either to low or too weedy, and don't forget the mosquitos, I was just fishing from shore in St.Paul today, caught 4 walleyes in about a hour, with a twister tail and jig,

I don't have a boat. I dream of one, but also I'm only 22 years old.

I'd be ecstatic for a canoe at least, but I have no where to keep it. Canoe fishing on a calm day on a lake is so much fun, I like it better than from a motor boat, except that you cover less water. For now though I'm more than happy to shore-fish!

I have 2 canoes, but if I was going to fish a lake I prefer to be in a motor boat. So, I'm not boatless, but I would say that if I had a boat I think I would fish more and I think I would enjoy it more.

I don't mind fishing with others in their boats, but I dislike being at their whim about how they like to fish. I was with a guy one itme who only wanted to troll. He was a heavier guy and he didn't like casting or standing for any length of time because it was too much work. That was the worst fishing trip EVER!

I was where you guys were just a few years ago. I struggled with producing without a boat. Now, with a boat, it's just much more enjoyable. Look in the metro section for open seats, there's a lot of folks that offer up rides. If you're ever interested in fishing the croix, give me a shout at s_e_hendricks at comcast dot net. I enjoy getting guys out that don't have a rig.

I'm boatless and it sux. I dream of a boat every day, and pretty much browse craigs. Too bad I do not have the funds for one at the moment. Can't wait till ice where boaters are on equal grounds smile.

I have a boat but fish from shore way more they I do in the boat. Not saying having a boat is not great at times but for me the best fishing is sitting on shore or walking a river bank. You can't beat dock fishing from shore the foot control is great.

I am kind of boatless. My grandfather has a boat and he hardly takes it out, I think he pretty much keeps it for me. I would probably use it more if i had a place to store it at school, or next year when i move to worthington.

Boilerguy- I may just have to take you up on that some time. I look forward to meeting some of you guys in SW MN.

I'm boatless, so I have to travel from spot to spot by walking or packing up and driving to the next one. I'm usually fishing a big river, so a boat would be ideal, but not a necessity. Although there are some holes that are unreachable w/out boat. Next year I will have a boat.

i have one but it is very very old 1960 with a 1959 18 horse evinrude that i had put on it this spring it runs but i have not had it on the water once why i dont know ,small no room ,will it run good on the water it has a closedf bow so will it be handy for fishing ,maybe next year!! WAITING FOR ICE FISHING

I have a canoe that I rigged up with a trolling motor and fish finder this spring. I only use it for smaller lakes, mostly here in town. I really like it, and I've caught a lot of fish from it so far this year.

I would love to get a bigger boat with a bigger motor, but that's a few years doen the road. Until then, it's canoe or shore, and that's okay.

I used to really enjoy shore fishing before I had a boat, you would go to community spots and strike up a conversation with the fellas fishing there.

However, your options are so limited, that it's a whole new world with a boat.

I know a thousand dollars seems like a lot, but a guy can really get into a decent fishing boat right now for that price. Not only that most of these smaller boats can be towed by a passenger car.

I recently came across a 14' Lund with flat floor and a late model 25hp Mariner and nice trailer for $1000.

For anyone looking for a small fishing boat, NOW is the time.

I have a aunt who has a older Lund 14ft,with a 50s homemade trailor she asked if I could find anyone who would buy it. I mentioned most nowdays want big boats & motors.

If someone would like me to inquire further,and own your boat contact me.I know it wont go for free and I saw oars in it and its better that nothin.

I hope this will help someone and not get sent to forsale or deleted????

This is in Wadena.

I agree completely. I used to not have a boat and do the shore fishing thing, but limited options really stinks sometimes. I just bought a 15 ft alluminum flat floor crestliner with 2005 25 hp johnson for $1600, at a dealer no less so I agree now is the time to grab a good deal on a boat.

I have no boat and enjoy fishing without. There are a lot of techniques and locations I can't try so I do want a boat. A thousand dollars is not a lot of cash but spending it all on something only I would use makes it more difficult to clear with my wife. That and maintenance and gas, more equipment that I know I would want to add. I have a house but no real place to store one without spending more money. Boat'n ain't cheap. Now that we are expecting a child the wait will continue even longer. However, then it won't be money just for me. wink

I have a 12ft aluminum Lund with a homemade trailer. I however have it parked up north at my land. It was too much of a hastle dragging out of the back yard, hooking up and then trying to put it in at a landing by myself. I don't have any problems doing it upnorth, because everything is easier.

Shore fishing does get frustrating at times, especially on the smaller lakes, but fishing is fishing and I enjoy that part of it.

dude LAKE TOM. Have had the same boat since April of 86, the year I got married. I was smart and bought it BEFORE I got married. 16 foot lund with a 30 horse Mariner. It has seen its better days, but still floats and catches plenty of fish. And ULT it has been on Portage.

G.C.

I'm boatless and it sux. I dream of a boat every day, and pretty much browse craigs. Too bad I do not have the funds for one at the moment. Can't wait till ice where boaters are on equal grounds smile.

I just bought a boat this year and I think (even though my wife may feel differently) that a boat is a mans best friend other than a dog. I love it so much. I had a boat before than sold it. I sold it on the grounds that I would soon get another. Well Life and finances both put way to long of a hold on that. Let me tell you this.If you ever get your hands on a boat, NEVER and I mean NEVER give it up until you got you hands on another smirk. I went crazy without a boat and now that I have another. Well much like Charelton Heston said "you'll get my boat when you pry it out of my cold dead fingers". grin