• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

When To Stop Catfishing

wildcatcreek

I was wondering when y'all stop fishing for catfish. The temps are getting lower, so does that mean the catfish stop biting? Or do you fish for them until the ice covers the water? I am relatively new to catfishing, so feedback will be appreciated.

Catfishing was very good on friday. I got several nice channels and one 39" flathead. The channels I caught were very fat. Probably the biggest girths I have seen since spring. They all fought hard as ever too.

The flathead will let you know when to start or

stop by their activity.

25flathead.jpg

This one caught 10-13-08. Followed by 3 by my partner on the 20th. I get a night above freezing and I will go ask the flathead if they are done feeding yet smirk

I caught two small channels yesterday afternoon. The bite has definately slowed down and the cats have moved. They're a little difficult to find right now. Water temp. was 48 degrees. Caught one nice carp as well that was about 8 pounds. What a beautiful day for fishing!