• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

95 Ford contour 4 cyl 2.0 gl water pump

Took my 95 contour in today with an antifreeze leak.Was told its the water pump leaking.$750 estimate to repair it.Does this seem like a reasonable amout for this repair?That includes replacing the timing belt.Also is the pump located on the passenger side by the serpentine belt?I may just tackle this job myself.They figured it would take 5 hours to do the job (yuck).Its going to cut into my fishing time.Thanks for any help.

If you even think about doing it yourself make sure you have the tools to align the cams/crank. If I remember correctly the water pump is driven by the serp belt but the timing belt needs to be removed to replace the pump. Yes its not a bad idea to replace the belt and its also not a bad idea to replace the idler pulleys. We see a fair amount of these that start to throught the belts soon after replacement it is usually the idlers that have worn out.

If its the regular 2.0 you will need to get the tensioner spring from ford if its the first time the belt has been changed. If its the ztech 2.0 (i don't think it is) definitely replace the idler pulleys (t-belt kits with all the parts needed are available from NAPA).