• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

KFAN's Puffy arrested for Crack

toughguy

I have nothing but sympathy and pity for people with destructive addictions. And nothing but respect and admiration for those who've hit bottom and rebounded to make something of themselves.

But something I can't tolerate... Well, in the case of Puffy The Magic Crack Pipe, the adage, "Judge not lest ye be judged" comes to mind. In other words, he goes out of his way to fry other people on the radio for the same thing, so he more than has it coming. As far as I'm concerned, justice will be served only when his life is officially ruined.

And the kids who look up to PA & Dubay?? I guess we know where the next generation of people is coming from who think it's normal to drive around with hookers and smoke crack.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do feel bad for him. Listening to his show for the past several years he always seems to make dumb decisions or put himself in bad situations based on the stories he has told. I don't think he has alot of control over himself and doesn't think things through very well. Thats a bad combo and will usually lead to drugs or alcohol or gambling or something bad.

Hopefully he gets it figured out and gets back on track. I always liked him with PA, thought they had good chemistry.

It's a really a sad deal for someone that I honestly believe never had the talent for major market radio. He was the color guy and did hockey and baseball well, but I didn't care for his takes much at all, no matter the sport. Like I said earlier, I wish the best for him for getting his life straightened out.

Still, karma really comes around to nail Puff on his preachiness. Now if only something happened to Ducky that was the karma ying and yang to his being so egotistical and always trying to be hip. Lots of bootlicking for both those two.

All those times that PA and Dubay had their homer takes, you could really say "Were you on crack?"

How are PA and Garrdsy going to go a whole 3 hours without using the "Puffy!" button drop every 2 minutes?

What a knob!!! I hope rock bottem is still to come.(As far as it can go) I never have and never will feel sorry for people that choose to make decisions as poor as that. Crack ,meth how on earth are people that du mb? They deserve the life they chose. Say no to drugs kids!!

Curiosity, weakness, peer pressure. i have never used drugs on the fear that my father would kick my a$$ and out of respect for my parents. I had, (key word had) friends that decided in 6th grade to travel down that road. Older siblings and neighborhood kids put pressure on them and they caved. Some people do not have the support to keep the going down the right path. There are alot of things that contribute to drug abuse and crime. Parenting has alot to do with it along with each individuals personality. I am 45, married and have 3 kids between 19 and 12. I may not be the best parent but my wife and I are always spending time with our kids and wanting to know their friends and where they are from.

I actually feel bad for PA. One wonders what he's thinking at this moment - how his career is being affected by his partners drug abuse.

Those two don't [PoorWordUsage] without the other knowing about it. It's not conceivable that PA wasn't aware of what was going on.

Dubay has the personality to become addicted but not the personality to try it on his own. PA has the personality to introduce it to him but not become addicted himself... My guess, PA is kicking himself right now.

What a knob!!! I hope rock bottem is still to come.(As far as it can go) I never have and never will feel sorry for people that choose to make decisions as poor as that. Crack ,meth how on earth are people that du mb? They deserve the life they chose. Say no to drugs kids!!

Do you really figure any of these people woke up one day said, hmmm I think I want to be a crack head or an alcoholic? Be careful of who and how you judge, your day may come too.

Thanks Elk, My kids are lucky to have the grandparents they have. I grew up in a not so good neighborhood and ma & pa worked their butts off to keep us kids in sports and away from trouble.

Now they support their grandchildren the same way.

support is what people like Dubay needs. Not drug support but friend and family support. tough love sometimes, they can only help themselves, walk away if you have to. Some people can't be helped and all you can do is pray for them and hope they figure it out. I wish him everyone else with an addiction the best of luck with kicking it!!!

Originally Posted By: dakotakid31
What a knob!!! I hope rock bottom is still to come.(As far as it can go) I never have and never will feel sorry for people that choose to make decisions as poor as that. Crack ,meth how on earth are people that dumb? They deserve the life they chose. Say no to drugs kids!!

Do you really figure any of these people woke up one day said, hmmm I think I want to be a crack head or an alcoholic? Be careful of who and how you judge, your day may come too.

Well said!!! One may not know when we are standing next to a person in recovery. Point is that person we most respect could be in recovery and if we find out about hero's lifelong recovery are we gonna have the reaction dakotakid31 had or should we try to understand and give support rather than live in ignorance of chemical dependency.

Originally Posted By: MinnesotaMongo
I actually feel bad for PA. One wonders what he's thinking at this moment - how his career is being affected by his partners drug abuse.

Those two don't [PoorWordUsage] without the other knowing about it. It's not conceivable that PA wasn't aware of what was going on.

Dubay has the personality to become addicted but not the personality to try it on his own. PA has the personality to introduce it to him but not become addicted himself... My guess, PA is kicking himself right now.

That is a awfully bold statement to assume PA is the one who got him into it. I have never in my life even tried a drug but the best man in my wedding has been through treatment for coke and experimented with a whole lot more. I did not have a clue until he was in over his head. By the time it starts affecting lives and relationships the game is already on. He was introduced to it by people he kind of knew when he was going through a tough time and he screwed up big time, but it was not introduced to him his friends or something done by his friends.

It is easy to judge behind our keyboards and I agree he should pay a price just as my friend did. Both will pay the price for the rest of their lives. Every job application is affected, trust must be earned back with every meaningful person in your life all the while fighting a disease most people won't understand and many people won't forgive you for having.

Well I'm glad so many of you, not just dakotakid, but quite a few, that are so above everyone else on the planet. He made some poor choices. I wish no ill will on no one. I think it's a waste that he has now squandered a career he probably shouldn't have been in (didn't think he was great on the radio, but funny at times). Is it regulary practice to kick people when they are down for you types? I've seen first hand what drugs will do to people and it's not pretty. You might start with alchohol and before you know it, you are trying something else. Any of you "Saints" ever drink beer? Have you ever, I mean ever??? driven with a couple in you? Careful of what you judge.

Only someone that's in as much, or more pain, than an addict in "the throws" would says something like this. You deserve to be happier than you are, as does the active addict. I'd rather be around a struggling addict /alcoholic than a sober person with this outlook on fellow humans.

As stated earlier, unless you've been there, you do not know, and might want to be careful what you declare so strongly. I've witnessed the most unlikely of people becoming what I / they never thought possible. DEAD. Addiction / Alcoholism is a disease that is both progressive and FATAL. That's bottom for most addicts. The lucky ones get /find help. Most don't. Bottom is where you stop digging. Some don't stop. I feel for Dubay and all struggling addicts and wish them well.

And ya, say no to drugs kids. That one always makes me laugh, in a sad way. Goes way farther than being able to say "no."

Keep in mind that he was not "using" when he was picked up, because they only have him on possesion. If fact the charge (taken from one of the news reports above) is Dubay was arrested on suspicion of a fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance, which is a felony.

So to this point any accusation of a low down drug user is still simply an unproven accusation. He wasn't under the influence at the time of arrest, but instead took a page out of the Randy Moss play book. He said it wasn't his and that someone left it in there.

Anyway, i'm not in no way condoning what he did and i do feel sorry for him being involved with the drugs and that he lost his job and all. However a lot of you are painting him as a total looser because he uses drugs etc. The fact is that it was in his car and not in his system. He wasn't using while he was driving (positive) so he wouldn't endanger others.

Afterall didn't Clinton say he smoked something but didn't inhale? grin

Some really nasty comments out there.

Really, judging a person because he uses drugs or has a problem with something? Its like saying someone is a lonney because they suffer from some sort of depression (which clinically, 70% of Americans have. Whether clinically diagnosed or not).

People are dogging him because he is a person is the public eye. Doesn't matter if you come from the 'hood of lake minnetonka, the hood of another rich suburbia, or the hood of N minneapolis. Everyone, regardless of race, creed, upbringing, and financial status could be in trouble. You never know, your brother, sister, mother, father, best friend, etc could have at one point or maybe still does dabble in drugs. Please don't trash the guy.

Trashing someone because they have a problem doesn't help them nor does it help yourself. A positive attitude towards anyone and everyone is a very powerful tool. A negative 'tude as some are showing, only makes others think of you as weak.

Originally Posted By: dakotakid31

Yeah they make the choice. Or does someone shove it up thier nose or down thier throat or light the pipe for them? Will power and just plain having a brain. And no the day i become a druggie or alcohlic will never come-my family is way more important!