• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

KFAN's Puffy arrested for Crack

toughguy

Just saw this on the news. very sad. Meth is a terrible drug. I wish puffy the best and I hope he can come thru this ok. I guess this explains why he was gone for a month earlier this year. Must have tried to go to treatment to get help. My thoughts and prayers are with him.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's too bad for him.

Felony possession, more than 6 grams. I'm no drug runner, but that seems like a lot. Intent to sell probably.

I guess we know his weight loss program now.

Wow, I wouldn't have thought someone like him getting into meth. I have personally seen several peoples lives ruined by meth including a family member. It is the pure evil in my opinion. I hope he can one of the few who can kick it.

Just shows it can happen to anyone. Sad news for sure. I knew he was in rehab, was thinking it was alchohol or something. Meth is very evil. I think he is a good down to earth guy that has had some person problems. I don't think his marriage lasted all that long. Maybe he took it hard or is just one of those poeple that has a hard time dealing with things. I wish him the best and I hope he makes it back on the air.

From doing a little looking around, there is a lot of speculation involving this case, so what really happened won't be known until Monday when the police report is released.

He was charged with a precursor drug which could mean that he was just in possession of too much Sudafed or Ephedrine.

Either way his public Rep will take a hit for sure.

I'm a bit skepital of the Sudafed angle at this point...I'd be shocked if it was just a couple packs of Sudafed over the limit.

Get well Doob's!

Ramsey County Jail Database.

Arrival Date 10/15base2008: 11:04:00 PM

Initial Charge : VOCSL- FELONY POSSESSION CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE [F-NARCOTICS][35]

Statute Referenced Drugs - Sale More Than 2 Packages or Greater Than 6 Grams Methamphetamine Precursor Drugs

Charge Level: Felony

First Name :JEFFERY

Middle Name :JOHN

Last Name :DUBAY

"Just shows it can happen to anyone"

No, not if you have any sense at all. Only a loser would try such a drug in the first place.

ALL DRUGS are bad and should be stayed away from. That being said, we have no idea what was going on in his life. I've been down before, turned to a bottle for a while and it gets you know where. Luckily I had friends that made sure it didn't last more than a week and they picked me up and got me back on track. I've never had the feeling to turn to drugs. I've been around them in my life and have seen what they do to people. Some people hit bottom hard, maybe he hid it well and friends and family didn't pick up till it was too late. I think Meth is pretty addicting, but I'm not sure. I won't get down on Dubay cause he had some rough times and took a bad turn. I don't condone what he did, but I'm not gonna rip him to shreds for it either. It's unfortunate. How many folks does this happen to all the time and we only hear of this because he's on the radio. All these people need help, not sympathy, just help and I hope he gets it and gets his life on track.

No, not if you have any sense at all. Only a loser would try such a drug in the first place.

You oviosuly haven't had any close friends or family members that have been addicted to this drug. I know some very good people that have been or are addicted to it and it's terrible. It can change someone overnight. IF puffy was arrested for meth possession I wish him the best. I hope he can get past it and put an end to his meth use. I wish the same to anyone addicted to it.

I look at drug use this way. First off the stuff, meth, coke, ect is made with nasty chemicals like acetone and all kinds of other nasty stuff in quite unclean places. Then you buy the junk from some weirdo who had the stuff in a baggie jammed down his pants. Now would anyone even consider buying a sandwich made in the same place and shoved in someone's pants? NOT ME!

Why in the world would someone try a drug in the first place?To much time on his hands , the ole boy should have tried fishing or hunting. ANYONE who tries a drug is a total looser ( no excuses folks)

Do you drink coffee? Smoke Cigs? Drink alcohol? All of these are DRUGS! They are just socially acceptable. If you do enjoy any of these drugs, you would then be calling yourself a loser!

Careful when judging people!

Funny thing is, alcohol is one of the most deadly and harmful drugs of them all, yet we can buy it everywhere and look down on those that don't drink!

He was released without being charged according to the Star Trib.

Here is the story.

Jeff Dubay, a talk show host on KFAN (1130 AM) was arrested by Maplewood police about 10 p.m. Wednesday on suspicion of fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance, a felony.

He has not been charged; police are investigating.

The arrest occurred after Dubay, driving west on state Hwy. 36, turned north onto English Street in Maplewood, Police Chief David Thomalla said Friday.

Because the case still is under investigation, he added, police were providing no details about why the vehicle was stopped, or what drug might be involved.

Dubay was booked into the Ramsey County jail, and later released pending further investigation. Police hope to complete the investigation next week, the chief said.

Dubay co-hosts the "PA and Dubay Show" with Paul Allen weekdays from 9 a.m.-noon. He also co-hosts Vikings post-game shows on KFAN and is on the air for Gophers hockey games on FSN North.

He has not been on KFAN since Wednesday and did not appear on FSN North this weekend, either.

No mention of meth, and he wasn't charged. It could be something as minor has having perscription medicine in a bottle that is not properly labeled. I think we should wait for the facts to come out before the judging begins.

Whether overblown or not, what's done is done, and happening right after coming out of rehab and all the other stuff with FSN (refs).

I think he's done.

and.....if you look around there are plenty of reports that specifically call out Meth. Those could be wrong though, but they are out there.