• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

CVA Buckhorn, likes Vs. Dislikes

BradT

I'd like to get into black powder hunting and thought for the price this would be a good starting gun. Any thoughts? what do all you guys use? ammo? powder or pellets? thanks for the help.

I do not like that style of muzzy, my Dad has had a couple accidents with that style gun, not sure if it was in the safety mechanism or from the sliding of the bolt. We have had the gun go off twice unexpectedly. It is not a CVA but it is the same style.

I have a CVA optima and love it, I bought my dad a CVA Wolf. Both are the same set-up:i.e break action like a single shot shotgun. They are also easy to clean and operate from my experience.

My optima is with the Nickel finish, I would not recommend this unless you are a complete neat freak, it is real touchy to fouling.

My dad and buddy have one and they like the gun but dislike the tool to put the primer in cause it is a pain in the butt. My brother has the Wolf and loves it. It is so simple it is stupid proof. I would recomend for the extra $20 or $30 to get the Wolf style.

Froggy