Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul D

Auger caddy

16 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what ever became of the company that produced the auger caddy . I saw one of these units on an atv last winter and have been looking for one since with no luck.

I did some checking too and it looks like they aren't around anymore. Too bad because it was a great idea!

I'm looking for the one that mounts to the back of a snowmobile or atv that holds the auger in a vertical position.Kind of makes it easier for us old guys to get from hole to hole and not have to carry the auger.

I build mine for my 4 wheeler. Shot me an e-mail and I will send an e-mail showing how I built it if you like.

leeharvey@frontiernet.net

I sent you an email Harvey.

I too have been looking for something as well. I have used the mad dog type of carriers but not impressed. I have seen many different types and have yet to find anything worthwhile.

I sent you an email.

Thanks

I built mounts for my Otter Ice Shield when they 1st came out.

Worked great.

iceshieldholder0he.jpg

I built this one a couple of years ago. I've since made another one that goes into the ranger's reciever hitch.

hitchpics007.jpg

this link is the type of auger caddy that i'm lookinf for.

http://www.topratedadventures.com/Mfg/AUGERcaddy.htm

I am going to show this one to a friend and see if he can build me one. It will make it a lot easier for this old lady to drill lots of holes.

AugerCaddy1gallery.jpg

Thanks for downloading the picture and if you find someone to build one for you let me know what it cost cause i want one for myself.

later Paul D

Interesting idea. I'd be worried about bottoming it out going over a small hill or through deep snow.

small hills not a problem here in the north east most of our lakes are pretty flat!!!!!!!!!!