• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

zumbra, lotus, steiger, and ann

Alphid

I am planning on getting out bass fishing tomorrow, first time in a while, and with the wind that is expect we are thinking about a smaller lake on the west side. The lakes that we are thinking about are: zumbra, lotus, steiger, and ann. Has anyone been out to any of these lakes recently and can give me an updated on how the bite was and the temps that you found with the water? I have fished ann and zumbra before, with some success, but not the other too. If you have any tips you would like to share all the better.

The plan was to get out on Calhoun but with the forecasted weather, I think a smaller lake will treat us better.

Thanks,

A

Hey Alphid,Was out at Ann last weekend water temp was 58.7 am sure its about the same at the other lakes.Fishing was slow,but its the Fall.I know that those lakes all hold big fish.Going to Auburn tomorow.Good fishing to you

I hit Stieger and Auburn on the 16th. Got on Stieger aroun 8am and fished it till about 11 then went over to Auburn. Water temps were 57 degrees on Stieger adn 59 on auburn. Not a ton of luck on either. Had a big pike hit my zara spook and bite me off. Biggest bass was a 19.75 incher caught on a green/yellow spinner bait. caught a couple other smaller fish on spinner baits as well. On auburn I caught five fish total from 11:30 till 3 and they were all under 15 inches. Auburn was crazy clear and there were no clouds in the sky that could have contributed to the crappy bite. It was a nice MEA weekend I must say... I'm hittin Clearwater and Sugar in Wright co. next weekend.

Hit Zumbra a week ago. The boat ramp is horrid. I had to get wet and push the boat off and I have a john boat. I went 1-3 with a 14" bass to show for it. I'm stickin to rivers here on out till ice up.