• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Metro Hunting

I am looking for a peice of land to hunt a couple times this season. I grew up with land to hunt on now that I live in the cities I have no where to go. Can any one point me in a directon besides the game farms? I would be open to a lease in needed.

Join the club Jesse.. I grew up in the cities which means I never had a place to hunt..Had to get lucky to have the ones I have now .....My advice.....Make a ton of friends chat guys up at every bar you go to or anytime you get the chance to.. Try to find people who enjoy hunting like you do and eventually if you are lucky you'll make connections and gain access to some spots..Or you can just do what I do most of the time and head North to the millions of acres of public grouse woods where you don't need to know or owe anyone..Sorry that's not much help and good luck....uplander

You can buy public rec maps at outdoors stores like Gander for about $5, and it shows all the WMA's and WPA'a in the state. Quite a few within 30-60 minutes away from the cities in various directions. I've hunted some around Hugo, Wyoming, Elko/New Market, etc. There are some I passed up that are even closer, figured those would be hit even harder. Not gonna flush a ton of birds cause they get pressured pretty hard, but it's always worth a shot.