• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Well , that did not take long....

8-Ball

Gaborik already riding the pine w/yet another "lower body" injury. This is getting old-same thing every year- he was offered over $8 mil a year which is actually more than that when you factor in that he misses 20-30 games every year. Trade him Risedork!

IMO the Wild absolutely should have moved Gaborik before the start of the season. The guy is always hurt, he isn’t a playoff performer at all, and he is easy to knock off his game when teams get physical with him. I’m not saying that he is not a good player, but besides MAYBE Ovechkin, no player is worth 20 percent of your teams cap money. I am sooooo sick of hearing the argument from people, “He had 83 points last year. Who’s going to pick up those points if they trade him?” The answer is EVERYONE. How about the guy that gets to take Gabby’s place on the power play, or the guy that is now going to move up to the top line!

What I would have liked to see before the season started was a trade with Florida for Ballard and Florida’s 1st round pick in 2009. I would have been fine with that. Now he’s hurt AGAIN, and we are going to end up getting nothing for him.

The team is playing well early on without Gabby in the lineup. If this trend continues I think Risedork should trade him and get as much as he can. A centerman, and tap into top minor league talent. I think the team is playing good team hockey and are getting more production from the new people than anticipated. They should no longer look at Gabby for all the scoring if there are more playmakers, which seem like they found from this years free agent additions and minor callups. Our draft choices are finally making a contribution.