• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance XOG - xOver Marine/Auto GPS

RuKiddingMe

Question

10 answers to this question

I haven't used them myself other than playing around with them a little to check them out. They seem like good units, and are definately a lot of unit for the money. The guys I know that have them like them

I sell them at ProFishingSupply, if interested you can check them out HERE.

My Dad has one and when we were on vacation I used it all week, as he has a mapping device in his locator on the boat and I don't. It is impossible to see on sunny days if you don't hood it with your hand or keep it facing away from the sun, but otherwise I love it. Easy touch screen functions/menus. Not buttons sticking out/especially the power switch so you won't accidentally have it turn on a run the battery dead. They are NOT waterproof, just water resistant, so that is something to keep in mind. Otherwise, I think they are easy to use and the versatility and size for the price really can't be matched in my opinion.

I have one and recently used it as emergency replacement of my nice big gps in the boat with my lakemaster chip!!! AWESOME!

I bought this unit based on price and chip compatibility when I took a road job last fall and needed the "mapquest" type use. Boy was I impressed. I at best figured to put the chip in it in the winter ice fishing. It is great.

I have used it in the woods, loaded topo maps on it, everything it gets it does great. THE ONE AND ONLY drawback I've seen is the battery life. It only has a built in lithium so if you use it away from a cig lighter plug for more than 2 hrs your done. I'm adding a plug to my 4 wheeler for hunting season.

I haven't had any more of a problem with the screen in sunlight then with my Magellan meridian color but that's just me. I don't think many are great in direct sun.

Other than that, it does anything any other gps does (that I've seen or needed to do) as good or better than any. The other nice thing is my boat gps is a lowrance and I easily transferred all the waypoints to xog (zog we call it) no problem.

Get the XOG, don't look back!

Not sure if you've done a search yet, but I've had one since they first came out, and made a few posts about it. In short, it is a great unit for in a vehicle/boat, and for some light hiking/hunting use. Depending on your usage, it probably won't replace a handheld, but for everything else it is awesome. I paid $279 for mine and it was a steal at that, and they are now down to $169 or maybe less online.

I have an XOG and love it. The comments above are what I have seen as well. Battery life is way too short and during the day in the boat it can be tough to see without shading. At night I have to turn the screen brightness down in the car because it is so bright. I have the Navionics chip and have no complaints about that.

Overall - easy to use, small and the current price is $100 less than I paid. I would buy it again.

When you guys charge your XOG, does the screen always stay on?

I was thinking of leaving it plugged into my puter at all times to keep it fully charged so it is ready when I need it.

The XOG locks onto the sat. signal inside my house really fast.

Does the screen size seem adequate enough in rough water? I used my friends handheld GPS while walleye fishing in choppy water conditions? I had a difficult time trying to read the GPS while running the boat and holding onto my rod...a bigger screen that mounts to the dash would help that.