• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

showers on the ice

dewey1980

me and three other guys go to LOW for five days,and never come off the ice, use the portable for bathroom and food storage.My question is, it gets rather stale in the house after two days, let alone after five ,is there any ideas other then sponge baths so when i touch my hair it doesnt hurt thanks.

I've got one of those Zodi instant showers that I use at deer camp. Basically all you need is a 5 gallon pail of water and the shower will recirculate it until it's piping hot. I stand outside in November and December in nothing but a pair of sandles and it's not all that bad when you have piping hot water pouring over you. I think I might have partially blinded one of the neighbors who stopped by for an unnannounced chat though.

Go to a resort and ask if they have a shower to use. 5 days in a house are way too much for me. I would call and get a cheap hotel room for 1 night midway through your stay and then invite the guys over to shower. It will be money well spent believe me.

Oh and open the house door every half hour for a bit. YUCK! eek

I spent 4 days on the ice and never came in. What we did was warm water on the stove, dump it in a five gal. bucket and run out to our portable and take a quick sponge bath.Worked great for us. We had a very windy and light snow days and to much white out to drive in to a resort!!

Wasn't there a product that came out a year or two ago called the sportsman's towel?? If memory serves, and most of the time it doesn't, the sportman's towel was basically a giant wet wipe the size of a bath towel that came in a sealed air tight package.

One of those would definately do the trick if you were looking for a quick scrub down...

On trips in the shack, our "shower" is called deodorant application. grin

I didn't see ice fishing in a shack for over four days as bad as 5 days at duck camp. Try living in waders everyday, walking for pheasants, that's the only trip I really live for a bath.

I usually do the hot water on the stove sponge bath. You do feel much better after that! I can only go about 2 days and I'm ready to sponge off. I also second the baby wipes after the daily constitution. It makes it more bearable for all!

I'm pretty sure that Log Cabin Bait had a shower in it, in the laundromat area. That would be my plan if I made an extended stay up there. Swing in get some minnows, new jigs, throw the stanky clothes in the washer and take a shower.