• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

OCT 16-19 big bass secret word!

Deitz Dittrich

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks ikeslayer for posting the pictures. The fish came on jigs and were taken from green weeds from 6-8 feet of water. I spend time searching for weed beds that are not obvious to most people. They aren't visible from the surface and aren't near shore. These weed beds are there every year and usually hold some nice fish this time of year. The 7-2 came last Wednesday and the 6-12 and 7-0 were on Thursday, 30 minutes apart. The 6-2 was caught Friday night at 11:00PM on a jig in about a foot of water. We also had 5 other fish over 5 lbs that night. Night fishing this time of year can be great, but also very cold eek....I have a very understanding wife, she knows about my obsessive compulsive fishing disorder (OCFD).

laugh

Sounds like a very similar pattern to what i typically fish in the fall. Im thinkin green weeds (usually deeper 9-10 feet) however the last week ive been pulling them out of 4-6 feet of water on the inside edge of the weeds. The lure of choice is a jig or a big chunk of plastic paired with a heavier bullet sinker. Sometimes the bass are scattered on flats sometimes their on slow tapering drops and sometimes on steep dropoffs, you just have to experiment. Im usually not getting a ton of bites but the ones im getting are quality fish. Pulled a couple 20 inchers last night and got a 19, 20, and 21 on monday night.

Caught this thick 20 incher this weekend

PA190586.jpg

PA190587-1.jpg